15. 'Not that deep'

A/n
finally an update....

I've never been this excited to hang out with a boy, I've grown up with 4 boys and 1 girl, so I was used to it. I didn't know what was happening but hanging out with a new boy who's cute, tall, likes books, is actually listening to me rant about how annoying Conrad is..... Woah, why am I talking about Conrad with another boy.

        "You and this Conrad have something going on?" Steve asked with raised eyebrows, sipping on his hazelnut coffee. He didn't sound jealous, I mean, why would he be jealous of someone he barely knows, he doesn't even knows me.

        "No! No, he's just... supposed to be my friend, but, he's been acting weird this summer? It's annoying." I said, biting my lip before quickly sipping on my caramel macchiato. "Like, one moment he's all nice but then one second passes and he's like, all moody and shit—"

        "Oh, okay. Well, can I ask you something? Not personal, I promise." He chuckled. I let out a small laugh and nodded, "How long are you staying here? At cousins."

        I looked down, thinking. "I always leave when August starts, always a different date so...can't be sure." I chuckled.

        "Oh, don't worry. I was just asking so later on we could hang out more." He asked, playing with his straw. He looked up to me which immediately made me smile.

        We talked for a few minutes, that then became an hour but didn't notice until someone I recognized was looking at us from outside the coffee.

        Conrad, Steven, Jake and Jeremiah.

        What the actual fuck is wrong with them.

        "Umm, Steve?" He looks up. "I'll be back in one second, is that okay?" I ask.

        "He nods. "Yeah, of course."

        I smiled at him before standing up and walking outside. They seemed to notice me because they all looked away and acted like I wasn't there.

        "What the heck, guys?" I curse. They turned to me and blinked, "Uhh, what're you talking about?" Steven asked, sipping on his hot coffee but burned himself.

        "What're you doing here?" I asked, specially asking Conrad, since he was the only one who knew where I was going. I felt like Jacob knew what was happening because he was looking back and forth between us, mostly looking at Conrad.

The oldest fisher boy looked up at me and shook his head, pursing his lips. "We're just having some coffee." He said, his voice sounding more quiet than usual. I chuckled, not knowing why he was doing this, why he was remaining me he existed.

"Oh, what a coincidence! It's almost like you did it in purpose and knew I was here, and that's why you came, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, though." I shot. Jeremiah and Steven looked at each other, completely clueless to why we're fighting. "Not everything is about you." Conrad said, looking away from me.

I scoffed. "I know it's not, but right now, it is. So why won't you leave me alone for once?" Jacob looked at me then at Conrad, wanting to fully expose Conrad so I knew why he was doing all this.

I turned to my brother, shaking my head, before going back to looking at Conrad, my eyes saddening. "Just leave." I whispered to him. I noticed his eyes softened, the why his posture changed after I whispered. He looked away and turned to the boys, "Come on, let's get out of here, mom will want us for dinner."