02. 'at least i work out'

AS I CHANGED into my bathing suit, I stared at myself in the mirror and frowned. I exhaled, smiling at myself before leaving my room so I can go to the pool.

As I walked down, I noticed Jeremiah and Belly were missing, I guess they did go to the beach after I rejected their offer. Meanwhile, Steven and Jacob where playing,.... Mario Kart? I think, it's been years since I've played that game.

The only one I didn't see was Conrad, it wasn't that I cared or anything, I just noticed.

I grab my sunglasses from the table and walk outside, I leave my towel on a chair and head into the pool. But right as I was about to go in the water, I catch a glimpse of Conrad who was coming from the beach, shirtless.

I look away, afraid that he would catch me looking, I quickly got underwater and start swimming. A few seconds passed so I finally came up for air, assuming that Conrad had already left but instead, I found him sitting on the chair where my towel was.

"Shit! God, you scared me." I gasped when I saw him. I turned around, embarrassed. Conrad seemed to enjoy my reaction because he just sat there, staring at me with slight smirk plastered all over his face.

"Why aren't you at the beach with Belly and Jeremiah? Thought you'd be into that." He kept his eyes locked with mine as he walked over to the pool. He then sat on the edge of the pool with his feet dangling in. He was watching me the whole time....

Please kill me.

"It gets kinda awkward when I'm with them, like a third wheel...so, I'd rather take some laps alone." I smiled at him. I swam over to the wall and rested my arms on the edge, "what're you doing here?"

"Just came back from the beach, I was with belly and Jeremiah." He said, looking away. I chuckled, "Was it awkward?" I asked.

"Yup." He stated.

I look directly in his eyes and smiled, "We're you excluded the whole time?"

"All the time." He says, looking at nowhere. I rolled my eyes and splash a little bit of water on his face. "There's definitely something going on between those two!" I laugh.

"Your assumptions about people are always wrong, Lenn. I don't think I'll believe this one." He says as he lies down on the floor. He turned to me and I look at him, "Conrad, since we arrived, the only thing I've seen is Belly drooling over Jere's abs, I don't blame her, though. Have you seen his abs? A literal Greek God." I say, tilting my head at him.

"Stop talking about my brother like that! It's weird and ugh." He says, covering his face with disgust. I laugh and take his hands away from his face, "Oh, come on, Con, don't be jealous, you're also attractive."

"Okay, im leaving." He says as he stands up from the floor. I laugh and say nothing but when he's at the door, I yell, "What a nice way to take a compliment, Conrad!"

I go underwater once I finished my sentence, not noticing him turning around to see me one last time before going back inside.

    I LOVE FOOD, and since it's the first night in the beach house, Susannah always makes a big ass buffet, I'm not complaining, thought. The food she makes is incredible.

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it on the screen basket." Laurel says to Steven. Jeremiah and I immediately stop laughing at the meme Steven showed us and backed away from him.

"You two, Lennon." My mom says right after she saw me backing away. I open my mouth without saying anything while shaking my head, "I wasn't even doing anything," I quickly looked at Jacob who was silently laughing at me, "Why aren't you saying the same to Jacob? He's laughing at me."