I Didn't Mean What I Said

author's note:

damn my motivation for this story is pumping hard, in just two days, i completed a whole chapter! your welcome ;)

With Katsuki in the middle, Izuku on his left, and Ejirou on his right, holding Katsuki by his shoulders, they walked to the nurse's office.

Katsuki pushed Kirishima's hand off his shoulder. He was only bruised at his face, he didn't break his legs or anything. Kirishima stared with a "Seriously?" Look, noticing that he still had Izuku's hand on him, not pushing it off like he did with his. Katsuki motioned the male to leave when Izuku wasn't paying attention. Kirishima sighed, rolling his eyes, gesturing him good luck before speaking. "Ah, Midobro! I should uh.. probably go tell the others about what happened... I'll see you guys later?" Kirishima scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, alright.. mind telling my friends to? I might stay with Kacchan for a bit," Izuku smiled slightly, Kirishima nodded, waving them goodbye before leaving.

"Aren't you gonna eat? Your friends might be worried, damn nerd." Katsuki spoke slowly, and as calm as he could, he wanted to test if the greenette wanted to even talk to him at first. He might have just talked to him at the heat of the fight just for him to stop. "I'm not hungry, it's fine.." he mumbled back, but then thought back to when Katsuki didn't want him near him. "O-Or if you want me to leave, I can leave, Kacchan." He let go of him, starting to back up.

Katsuki realized he probably remembered his rant. "No, no.. uh, it's.. fine, nerd. You can stay." The blond stopped him, he had to make this right, no way he was letting go of this now.

"Oh.. uh, okay." He walked next to him this time, not too close, and kept his distance. The rest of the walk was awkward.

"Thank goodness it's not that bad, you'll just need an ice pack, honest, let it rest on your cheek for about minutes for a few days, do it a few times a day and you'll be good." The nurse smiled at him softly, handing him an ice pack. "If you need one at school, you can drop down to my office or the other nurse's, and get one. I'm needed somewhere else right now, so I'll be going for a bit, use it, okay?" She smiled before leaving the room.

The two just awkwardly sat there, with Izuku holding the ice pack, gently setting it against his cheek. Katsuki hissed slightly. Izuku pulled it away, "I'm sorry, does it hurt?" He spoke quietly, to the point where only the two would hear each other's voices. "It does.. but it's fine, just continue." Katsuki responded in return.

"Kacchan.. why.. didn't you tell me?" Izuku asked, staring at those beautiful red eyes of his like he could never stop. "I.. er-"

"I heard everything in the bathroom." He mumbled, awkwardly, his gaze fell down to his lap, his hand still applying the ice pack on his cheek from time to time, to prevent it from getting to cold.

"That's the thing, damn nerd. You thought you heard everything, but you didn't," Katsuki started. "What's that supposed to mean? Are you gonna continue your complaining, face to face, with me now?" Izuku found himself frowning at even the thought of the scene before. "Don't do that shit with me, Deku. Listen to what I have to say first." He spoke sternly. Izuku went quiet upon hearing his tone.

The blond sighed, he wanted him to look at him when he talked, so he did exactly that. He hesitantly held the other's chin, lifting it up slightly so he gaze would lock with his. "I... I promise I didn't mean that, deku. It's just- it's all.. it's all so new. I'm not used to this stuff. I'm not used to how you are, because I didn't have to talk to people like you before. But I do now, and it's just— it feels weird. A- a good weird, I guess. It's this... weird ass feeling, I want it to go away, I think what I was just feeling is what you'd feel when you have friends, I just didn't know how to.. uh, describe it." He explained, he didn't even know if he was making sense, he hoped so, at least.

"What I mean is- whatever I listed as annoying, like I hated— is not so annoying, and I don't hate it that much, I guess. It's- it's nice to know I can give someone a good time, and make them happy. You're not that terrible, uh- either." If Katsuki told him the truth, then he would look all soft and shit. And he didn't want that. He wanted to seem tough in front of him, strong.

Izuku stared at the blond with glassy eyes, he didn't know what to say. But he should have stayed to understand, let him explain earlier, he shouldn't have just jumped to conclusions.

Seeing how the greenette hadn't responded yet, he grew into a slight panic. What the hell would make this nerd feel better? "Shit, uh- if it makes you feel better, you can slap me, I guess. Lightly. For what I said." Izuku couldn't help but laught at the blond's little compromise, but Katsuki was serious. "I'm serious, you nerd! I don't let anybody slap me! You're lucky as fuck, I can tell you that."

Izuku felt the corner lift upwards, into a tiny smile. He set the pack of ice beside him, wrapping both his arms around the taller male into a sweet embrace. He closed his eyes, letting himself relax at this brief embrace. Well, at he thought it would be brief.

Katsuki tensed up at the sudden touch, he froze for a second, having no idea how to react. But a moment later, he found himself wrapping his own arms around the other, slowly. He too started to relax at this touch, closing his eyes, and sighing slightly. He felt his cheeks start to warm up, but he didn't care, not at this moment. Because the greenette had his head buried to the side of his neck, and no one else was in the room. So he fell at ease. He allowed himself to smile, slowly.

"Does this mean you won't slap me? Ah, thank-fuck." Katsuki sighed in relief, to which Izuku giggled, pulling the taller male's heart strings.

"Do you really didn't mean it?.. you actually like hanging out with me?" Izuku asked. Katsuki felt weird, he felt the area around his neck vibrate from how close his lips were to his body, he felt the tips of his ears grow hot. "..yeah, I guess you're not the worst to hang out with." Izuku chuckled. "..Are we.. friends?"

Katsuki paused. Friends. Did he want them to be friends? Sure, he had other friends, but none of their friendships felt like this one. They all did the same things, but somehow, hanging out with this nerd made whatever they were doing, 2x times better than how it would be with his friends. He felt his heart squeeze at this nerds cheeky smile. His heart quickened it's pace whenever they held eye contact for a little more than necessary. Most of all, he... he liked making the nerd happy. It made him happy. But would he want this to be named as friendship?

Now that's thought about it a couple of times, he himself isn't sure. His blood boils, it burns in jealously whenever he even thinks of this nerd in a relationship with someone else. He knew it was wrong, he isn't supposed to feel like this, but he can't stop it. He just naturally comes to him. So does he like him? Does he have feelings for him? Actually? Does he want to be involved in this greenette's life as more than just a friend?

Yes. He's decided that he wants to.

But is he gonna tell him that?

No, probably not. He didn't wanna risk losing this. So he said the following words:

"Tch, if you're want to." He told him, he leaned his head against the other's, his arms still wrapped around him. "Really? We.. we can be friends? You consider us friends?" Katsuki felt the movement of his lip's against him, it felt like a smile. "Yeah, sure. I mean, I dunno why you're so shocked, nerd. We've been literally doing what friends do, together, this whole time." Katsuki chuckled, he allowed himself all of this since nobody was looking, and Izuku was hugging him, so he wouldn't be able to see either. "Sorry- I'm just— really happy.." he smiled softly, closing his eyes in this comforting embrace. They stayed like that for a few minutes, in a peaceful silence. Just in each other's arms.

"I love you."