Chapter 1 - the birth of a bond

It was a dark night in the hidden city, the big alchemist, Baron Draxum, was in his lab with his new experiment, he's going to mix the DNA of Lou Jitsu (a not so old friend of his) and the power of his Ooze with 4 small "turtles" he stole from a Yokai pet shop, after an extensive research on the creatures, he came to the conclusion they would be the best warriors in history, and with some experimentation, there was endless potential to their abilities!! It was decided! He would make these small and insignificant beings into massive war weapons against humanity.

Lou Jitsu was skeptical about the idea, he already had grew attached to the little ones, he even gave them the names of his favorite artists in history, he didn't want to doom such cute little babies to a life of experimentation and violence, he himself had already renounced fighting for seeing how awful it can truly be, even though Draxum rescued him from Big Mama's claws, gave him a place to stay, and even became friends with him, he couldn't really come to terms with such idea, forcing children into a life of pain suffering was too much to bear, he already had countless discussions with him because of the whole "ending humanity" thing, so Yoshi didn't stay quiet about this, he confronted Draxum, at first with words, but once he saw he couldn't talk him out of this madness, he tried to fight him off, but seeing the betrayal of a dear friend, he captured him with his vines and trapped him to the contraption for the mutation, Lou Jitsu struggled the best he could to try and free himself, but it was no use.

Baron Draxum, filled with rage and impulsiveness, the betrayal, the goals, EVERYTHING!!! it overwhelmed him, he pulled the lever and the mutation happened, the building was now falling apart, Lou Jitsu was finally able to break free and make a run for it with the turtles he just saved, but in the middle of the chaos, he tripped down fell on the floor, he quickly got up and scaped, all Draxum saw was the man running into the fire that grew larger, thinking that he probably died and took the turtles with him on his demise, all hope seemed lost, he had a moment of reflection, his henchmen, Huginn and Muginn, were in a search for an exit for them to scape until Huginn started to scream and point to somewhere among the recks and green fire.

⭕- "SIR!!! THE GREEN THING!!! THE CHILD!!! THERE IT IS!!! IT'S ALIVE!!"

After hearing this, a flame was set ablaze in his spirit once more, he desperately looked around him to try and catch a glimpse of the small creature, at that moment, a wild and cold instinct bloomed, his senses were sharp and precise, he was able to hear the chirping noises the turtle was making, and was able to find it, laying on it's shell, unable to get up, Draxum was glad, atleast one of his biggest projects are still intact, the joy suddenly turned into despair, a ginormous boulder was about to fall in top of him, Draxum's adrenaline went so high it felt like a tsunami hitting a tree, he rushed into action so fast that he was basically flying across the room, he snatched the reptile away, successfully saving the young turtle's life.

Muginn called out for his boss, he found a way out, using his mystic vines, Draxum, Muginn, Huginn and the small turtle were able to leave the building moments before it collapsed in a big explosion that knocked Draxum unconscious, he opened his eyes and saw his henchmen in front of him holding the baby turtle, he was relieved, he got up, and as they turned around, the sunrise in the distance shined above the shattered building, Draxum was furious, but decided to act rational about the situation and kept his cool, he looked down at his arms and was stunned, out of all the turtles he had.

He was holding on his hands the tiniest and probably the weakest of the bunch, well... atleast it wasn't the one with the soft shell, he stared at the baby turtle on his hands, just then, it looked back at him, the eye contact was awkward at first, until the small one started to giggle and squeal for no apparent reason, he didn't know what was it, but he felt a pinch, right on his heart, it was odd, but there was no time for this, the priority now was to rebuild the lab and proceed with the experiments on the remaining turtle.

Meanwhile, Lou Jitsu found an alleyway to hide and rest, he sat down inside a box, exhausted and completely drained, he took a couple of deep breaths and once he calmed down he looked at his little turtles, the three of them were so cute and small that.... wait.... 1... 2... 3... and.... oh no....

He felt his heart skip a beat, there was a turtle missing, he looked around himself to see if perhaps it didn't just crawled away while he was distracted, but he was nowhere to be found, he checked his hands again, which one of them was missing? The spiky one is there, the one with red stripes too, and so is the squishy one, but which was the other one?.... !... THE ORANGE ONE!!! Lou Jitsu jumped off the floor and tried to run, maybe he could redo his steps, but he tripped once more, and this time all the turtles flew off his arms and fell hard on the floor, the soft shell fell on his back and started to sob, the snapping turtle hurt his arm on the crash and the red eared slider fell on his own face, the panic sinked in.

Lou Jitsu picked up the injured children and did his best to nurse them, but he started to have an intense panic attack, so strong that made him curl up on the floor and cry, the turtles, despite being hurt, crawled to the sad rat man and comforted him with chirps and cuddles, it didn't made the bad feeling go away but it was enough to bring him back to Earth and calm him down a little bit, a few hours later, the turtles were asleep, Lou Jitsu was holding them against his chest and watching as the sun rised upon them, his mind was dull and quiet like an empty cave, with only the echos of his own thoughts, the guilt weighted down on him, he was paralyzed, unable to bring himself to move, so he just sat there... in silence and moarn for his failure, a new mistake for his collection.

At that moment Lou Ji.... Splinter, realized that he had lost, probably killed, one of his kids, he failed him, but he still had the other 3, there was still hope, he still didn't failed them, so the only thing left to do... was to care for them, that's the least he could do now, so he managed to get up on his new rat feet and walk away from there, in search of a new place to call home, he took a look at the turtles one more time, and that was all he needed to motivate himself, he walked for a while, found some clothes and a bag in the trash that surprisingly weren't so dirty so he changed into the clothes he found and put some food he got in the bag, and with that, he found his way out of the hidden city, with nothing but his 3 turtles, a change of clothes and a bit of food to start his new life.

(End of chapter 1)