~ 15 ~

There was a gas station near by the hotel with a little mart next to it

There was a gas station near by the hotel with a little mart next to it. Dizzy stopped there to fill up on gas while Alissa, Lake, and Peyton went inside to get the official gear to cure Peyton's sadness.

Alissa grabbed Sunflower seeds and a bag of barbecue lays, Lake grabbed pink lemonade and sweet tea, and Peyton grabbed strawberry, chocolate chip, and cookies and cream ice cream. The girls checked out their snacks and drinks before walking back out to the car. Dizzy was now parked in front of the Mart.

They got inside of the car and set back out to the hotel. They went back inside and made it to Lake and Alissa's hotel room. Dizzy and Alissa placed everything on the kitchen counter while Lake and Peyton sat on the couch.

Lake scoot close to Peyton, wrapping her arm around her. "Are you ready to talk?" She asked in a low calm voice. A voice so mellow, it almost melted away all the anger and the sadness that seeped into Peyton's veins.

Peyton sniffled, wiping her nose with the sleeve of her hoodie. "Yeah..." She nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready." Her knee bounced as she wiped away tears that leaked from her eyes. "While we were in the car, I asked him what would happen to us when I go back to Indiana." She paused, the lump in her throat making it hard to talk. Alissa and Dizzy eventually came over with the snacks, placing them out on the coffee table while Peyton continued talking. "Then he said nothing would change because we aren't together."

Lake wiped the tears away from Peyton's cheeks. "That's a dick move... or at least a bad way to put it." Her voice trailed off.

Peyton sniffled, "what do you mean?"

Dizzy sat down next to Peyton, placing his hand on her back. "What she means is you guys aren't together." He said matter of fact. Peyton's head whipped in his direction with an offended look on her face. "Before you jump on my case," He held up his hands defensively. "There's no label on it. You guys have something, everyone knows that. But neither you or him have made anything official, so nothing's will really change."

Peyton's face shifted to a more neutral look. Her eyes fixated on something else while Dizzy's words sunk into her skull. You guys have something, everyone knows that. But neither you or him have made anything official, so nothing will really change. He's right. Oh God, it made her stomach churn to know how right he was.

She nodded her head, "how am I supposed to change things? I've waited far too long and he's clearly not good at making first moves. I'm not sure if he ever will be." She rested her head on Lake's shoulder, letting out a long exhale.

Alissa hummed softly, thinking of something to say. "Well. If there's anything I've learned is you've got to be open. You have to express how his words hurt your feelings and how you want to be more than just friends with... benefits? I guess that what you guys are."

Lake stroked Peyton's blonde hair, comforting her, calming her. Lake's touch soothed her emotions. "You're right." Peyton muttered. "You're so right."

Alissa chuckled, "when am I not?"