~ 12 ~

Peyton laid on the couch, wishing she had said yes to go to the Arcade

Peyton laid on the couch, wishing she had said yes to go to the Arcade. She watched a random movie that played on the TV while she occasionally pulled out her phone to look at Alissa's story. Most of her story consisted of her and Peej. She frowned as jealousy bubbled inside her.

The door opened, Peyton's head immediately turning in that direction. Baylen stood in the doorway, holding a little box. "Hey." He seemed shocked Peyton was there on the couch.

"Hi." She shifted in the couch to face him. "I thought you would've gone to the arcade with the rest of the group." Her arms hung over the armrest, her chin resting on them.

He chuckled, "I thought you would've." He placed the box on the kitchen counter before plopping on the other couch. "I saw that there was a pool down there."

Her smile grew, "I did too!" She sat up. "We should go down there! I could use a swim."

Baylen grinned widely, "yeah! I'm down." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I'll get changed." He got off the couch and made his way to the bathroom. When the door shut, she got up and grabbed her plain black bathing suit. She got changed into it swiftly, hoping he wouldn't come out.

When she finished changing, Baylen came out while wearing his flamingo patterned swimming trunks while holding two towels he got from the bathroom.

She couldn't help but laugh. "The last time I saw you in those it was the 4th of July our freshman year."

His eyes rolled while chuckling. "They're my favorite." He adjusted his hair again. "Ready?" He asked, the girl's smile growing. He held up the towels.

"Of course!" She snatched a towel from the male and rushed out. Baylen grabbed the keycard and headed out to the pool with her, this time taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

She ran past her, swiftly rushing down the stairs. He couldn't keep up. He kept calling her name loud, but she acted as if she couldn't hear him. She kept running while howling with laughter.

When they made it down to the pool, she immediately threw her stuff down and cannon-balled into the pool. As soon as she made contact with the water, she shivered due to how freezing the water was. It didn't help she completely submerged herself underwater.

She swam up to the shore, shrieking. "It's so cold!" She laughed. Baylen screamed loud as he hopped into the pool, splashing water onto her as he crashed into the pool. She yelped, shielding her face from the water.

He came back up to the surface, shaking his hair like a dog shaking its fur. "It's not bad!" Baylen laughed, slicking his drenched hair back.

"Liar." She splashed the male. He let out a loud laugh then dunked her head under water. She pulled away from him while screaming underwater. She peaked her head over the water. "You mother fucker!!" She swam off.

Baylen followed after her while laughing. He grabbed a hold of her foot, dragging her back to him. He held her close, his hands now gripped onto her shoulders. She slicked her hair back as well, staring into his eyes. His soft brown eyes glimmered in the fairy lights that hung from the metal fence. Baylen tucked some hair strands behind his ear.

"Baylen," She whispered, her eyes shooting down to his lips.

"Yeah," he muttered.

She stared at him, her bottom lip trembling. She stood there tongue-tied while looking away. "I love you." Peyton blurted. "I love you so much that it hurts. I have for years, I always have." Her cheeks flushed. She cracked a smile, "you know it's funny how–"

Baylen's fingers loomed under her chin, forcing her to look at him as he placed his lips on hers. His warm plump lips. His ambrosial scent filled her nostrils, he was all she could smell. The world around them fell silent, only the sound of the water ripples and their lips as they broke away from the kiss.

She took shallow breaths, staring him in the eye. "Did you just..." The words fumbled in her mouth, "k-kiss me?"

She let out a sigh, "yes. I did." He smiled. "You're so amazing, you're beautiful, you're smart." He licked his lips. "You're the best thing to ever happen to me. I've had a crush on you since we were little, I don't know how nobody noticed." He laughed. "At the 8th grade winter ball, when you came downstairs wearing your ice blue colored dress... I truly fell in love you with." He whispered. "When you and Dylan got together, I thought it was over. We were over."

He took the breath out of her lungs. All his words, his looks, the feel of his lips. Everything Dizzy told her at the coffee shop was true. She never knew why she'd ever doubt him to begin with.

"Why did you never say any of this? Like in high school, after Dizzy and I broke up, ever...?" She asked, her head tilting to the side. She stroked his cheeks with her thumb.

His eyes pulled away from hers, focusing his attention on something else. "I... I don't know. I knew you liked me. I always did, but with Dizzy... It just really made me question everything." He looked back at her, "but now... Now I believe it."

Her smile grew wide, her heart sang with such glee. The bells in her head rang with joy. Now she knew. Everything that had lead up to this moment, to now, it was all worth it.

"If you really believe it, you'd kiss me again." She batted her eyelashes, teasing Baylen in such a way he couldn't resist. She felt powerful in this moment. Baylen made her feel powerful.

"Without hesitation." He chuckled, leaning in and kissing her once again. Her eyes fluttered close on impact, her hands traveling up to his face. She cupped his cheeks while he wrapped his arms around her neck. They stayed like this for minutes, long intimate minutes.

A million thoughts ran through her head. *The feeling of his lips are so addictive. How do I tell Alissa and Lake? What about the distance? Will it be like this forever?* The future didn't matter, the only thing that mattered was now. Him and her together. Their lips touching the other's. Their hearts tied together with love. They were connected. Everything she had dream was coming true. Just like she planned.