~ 13 ~

"YOU GUYS DID WHAT?!" Dizzy, Alissa, and Lake screamed

"Shhh!" Peyton hissed. "It's not that big of a deal." She spoke in a hushed tone.

"Not a big deal?" Dizzy gasped. "You and Baylen made out... in the pool?" He shot Alissa and Lake a look that caused them both to laugh. Peyton reached over and slapped him, "ow!"

Peyton's cheeks reflected a bright red color when talking about Baylen and her's kiss. It was so unexpected, so perfect. *Congratulations Baylen*, she thought. *You gave me a kiss I'll never forget*.

"Okay, give a run down again." Lake said, laying stomach first on her bed. Peyton adjusted her position on Alissa's bed, sitting next to Dizzy.

"Well, we went down to the pool and we started messing around. I confessed and in the middle of it, he gave me a kiss and confessed his feelings. Then we made out." She shrugged.

Alissa squealed unbearably loud. "It's finally happening!" She placed the back of her hand on her forehead, pretended to be a damsel in distress. "I can hear the bells, well, don't you hear 'em chime?" She sang teasingly.

"Stop!!" Peyton gasped and threw the pillow at Alissa. When Peyton and Alissa first met when she moved to Indiana with Dizzy, she sang "I Can Hear The Bells" associating it with Baylen. It was so embarrassing looking back at it now. The fact she was so young, thinking her life would play out like the movies, it was all so embarrassing.

Lake put her head down while silently laughing, Dizzy had a smirk on his face while fighting back a laugh. "What?" Alissa laughed, "that's all you sang for months!"

Peyton sprung up from the bed and hopped on Lake's. She playfully tackled Alissa, Alissa letting out shrieks while laughing. "I'm going to kill you!" Peyton yelled through laughter.

Peyton's phone buzzed several times while she wrestled with Alissa. "Peyton, it's from Baylen!" Lake cooed, looking at the message notifications pop up.

Peyton quickly let go of Alissa and grabbed her phone from Lake's hands. She stood up and opened the messages he had sent.

Goofy Guy 🥱
hey
come back to the room?
i have something.

"Well? What is he saying?" Alissa sat up, leaning forward with the rest of the crew. "Is he asking you out?!"

Peyton shot a glare at her. "No, he said he has something for me..." Her eyebrows furrowed, looking up at the group. Then she remembered last night. The small box that he had brought in and sat on the kitchen table. *Could that be for me*? She queried. She ran her fingers through her hair while struggling to put the pieces together. "I'll see you guys later, alright?"

"See ya!" Dizzy waved. "Don't have too much fun." He laughed. Peyton rolled her eyes and headed out of their room. She went down the hall back to her and Baylen's hotel room and inserted the keycard. She opened the now unlocked door and walked in to see Baylen on the couch.

"That was quick." He laughed.

"You know I love surprises." She teased back. Her eyes scanned the room for any hints at what this could be. Then she saw on the coffee table the small box from last night. "What's that?" She asked, sitting down on the couch next to him while eyeing the box.

He leaned back, getting comfortable on the cushions. "Why don't you see yourself?" He smirked, signaling her to open it.

She grabbed it off the table and immediately examined it while her heart raced. It was light, felt like barely anything was in there. What if it was a prank? What if Lucas was going to pop out at any minute while Baylen laughed at her? That would've been so embarrassing.

She popped the lid off and looked inside. Inside sat a friendship bracelet with wave patterns and another bracelet with navy blue beads that had spelled out Baylen's name. "Baylen! This is so cute!" Peyton pouted her bottom lip, her heart melting at his generosity.

"Lake's little friend, Marina, hooked me up with these. I found her shop on Instagram and donated a shit load of money. As a thank you, she gifted me some stuff free." He held up his wrist showing off a green bead bracelet with Peyton's name on it. "Now we have more matching bracelets." He said with a small laugh.

"You are the sweetest!" She giggled, giving him a tight hug. She examined both of their matching bracelets. First the heart one gifted by her, now the bracelets with their names gifted by him.

Peyton pulled out her phone and took a picture of their bracelets before posting it on her Instagram story. She tagged him and put a little heart. She didn't even think about who all would see it. After all this was her public account, not a Snap story where her friends could only see it.

Who knew how much traction her and Baylen would receive from this post? It's not like they were together. Not yet at least. It was clearly the next step. She just didn't know when it would occur. He clearly didn't either. But she feared it. She feared being so far away from him. Long distance was annoying. And most of the time, long distance relationships didn't work out because of trust issues. But she trusted Baylen with her whole heart.

She's grown up with him. She's seen his up's, she's seen his down's. She's seen his worst break up's. Hell, she was in most of his best memories. Nothing could damage this friendship. Even if they broke up, it couldn't hurt what they had before. Bonds like that don't just break. If her and Dizzy could make it through thick and thin, so could her and Baylen. She believed it. She knew it.