~ 1 ~

Nothing like the thrill of driving on the packed, noisy streets of Anaheim, California

Nothing like the thrill of driving on the packed, noisy streets of Anaheim, California. Nothing Peyton wasn't used to, she used to live in Atlanta after all. She originally moved to Indiana to go to Purdue University, but her application was never accepted. Her friend and ex-boyfriend, Dylan (also known as Dizzy to everyone), offered her the extra room in his apartment. There was something about Peyton and Dizzy's bond that helped them avoid the awkward heartbreak phase of the breakup and skip straight to being just friends. They viewed their relationship as more platonic than romantic.

Now stuck at a red light, the two sat in their rental car together while listening to Katy Perry's classic hits. The bass from the car next to theirs vibrated the rental, distracting them from Katy's wonderful song, California Girls.

"Should we roll the windows down and turn it up even more?" Dizzy suggested with a mischievous grin plastered on his face.

Peyton let out a hum in thought while pouting her lips, a smile still somehow stuck on her face. "What's the worse that could happen? Maybe we'd get shot." She shrugged.

Dizzy rolled the driver and passenger windows down and cranked up the volume while banging his head. "California girls, we're unforgettable! Daisy dukes, bikinis on top!" He sang while Peyton burst into laughter, causing her stomach to cramp.

The guy in the car next to them rolled his eyes, flipping the two off before the light flicked green. He sped off, revving his engines as a form of intimidation. Dizzy and Peyton side eyed each other before letting out laughter and continuing their trip to the hotel they planned on staying at.

Peyton's phone buzzed in her pocket. She grabbed her phone and saw a message from the group chat that held Peyton, Lake, and their other friend, Alissa. Alissa was her main filmer who followed her around constantly. Because of the flight the 4 were originally supposed to take together ended up having only 2 seats left, so Dizzy and Peyton booked the flight taking the last two seats while Alissa and Lake took a connecting flight.

Alissa
Our flight just landed
Lake almost left the camera lmao

Lake
STOP EXPOSING ME

Me
HUH?!

Peyton couldn't help but laugh out loud because of Lake's text. Dizzy's eyebrows knitted together before glancing over at her. "What's so funny, Pey?"

She glanced over at him, her laugh winding down. "Your camera woman almost left the camera in Indianapolis." She giggled once again. He rolled his eyes as a sigh fell from his lips.

"Of course Lake did." He giggled. He shook his head.

Her phone buzzed once again, except it kept going off. She looked back and saw both Baylen calling and an email from the hotel she and Dizzy had booked.

She clicked answer and put him on speaker. "Hey." She grinned widely while checking the email.

"What's up, Pey?" He chippered. She could tell by the tone of his voice that he was grinning widely on the other end of the phone.

"Hi, daddy." Dizzy cooed.

Baylen and Peyton giggled. While the two men talked, she opened the email and read the following message.

Hotel technical issues, your room has been refunded.
Hotel 203
To me

Hello, Peyton.
Because of a gas leak that overtook the hotel location you've booked, your room, 26B has been cancelled and will be completely refunded. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll understand our situation.

Her jaw dropped to the floor as she let out a loud groan. "What?" Dizzy glanced over at her before placing his attention back onto the road.

"The room got cancelled." She frowned. "Hotel got a gas leak." She rubbed her temple while air blew out of her lips. "There's no way I can us get a place that's close to the convention last minute."

Dizzy frowned as he tried to think of something. "Well, fuck. That has to suck. Did we at least get a refund?"

She nodded her head while her heartbeat picked up rapid speed due to the anger and panic pulsing through her blood stream. She couldn't believe this. Why did these things only happen to those two? "Well, I can lend my room and Dizzy could room with Peej. Pey, It'll be like old times when we'd stay up all night eating all the shit out of your dad's pantry." Baylen offered.

Her mind filled with the memories from Atlanta when she'd see Baylen everyday. The memories of Peyton sitting on the couch while watching he reenact the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight as a one man play. The memories of Baylen pushing her into the pool with his foot while she drank a sprite on the ledge. The memories of her and Baylen laying on her bedroom floor sharing headphones while listening to Disney songs. It flushed out the anger and replaced it with pure joy and nostalgia.

She snapped back to reality after the mental trip down memory lane. "Are you sure? Is this like a trap? Are you and Kyle up to something?" She furrowed her eyebrows with a skeptical grin.

"Nope. Just a friendly offer. I miss you, after all. It's been 6 months. Please?" He begged. "Dizzy, help me out, man!"

Dizzy let out a dry chuckle. "Peyton wouldn't listen to me even if she were forced to." She gasped mockingly before reaching over and slapping him on the thigh. "Ow!" He winced before laughing.

"Sure, Baylen. What the hotel are you at?" She asked, leaning back in the seat.

He told the two the name of the Hotel and Dizzy put the name into Google Maps. He began to drive towards the hotel that was 15 minutes away. "We'll be there soon, big boy!" Dizzy called out.

Peyton rolled her eyes at the male's attempt of jokingly flirting with Baylen. "See you soon, Baylen."

"Bye, guys." Baylen blew a kiss through the phone before hanging up.

Authors Note; I'm gonna try to upload at least every other day. I would like to stay consistent with this. I wrote this bc I'm in my Summer time and Baylen obsession and I needed a place where I can dump this all out.