~ 11 ~

The girls decided to head back to the boardwalk, this time with Dizzy

The girls decided to head back to the boardwalk, this time with Dizzy. He couldn't stop thinking about who the mysterious girl Lake met on the board walk was. Dizzy was usually involved with Lake's love life which is why it confused Alissa, Peyton, and Diz when Lake didn't really bring her up.

"You finally chose to wear comfy shoes." Dizzy teased, ruffling the blondie's hair.

Peyton swatted his hand away. "Hey! I learned my lesson. My feet are still sore." She whined. She ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to fix it.

They approached the stand which Marina worked at. She stood behind the table sorting through different beads. She looked up from her bowl and spotted the four heading her way. "Oh. Hi, guys. I didn't expect to see you hrtd today." She said with a grin.

Lake nervously laughed, "well, it's the last day of the convention and we're heading out in a couple days." She shrugged.

Marina frowned, "aw. I wish you could stay longer." She pouted. "Oh! I made something that I thought you'd like." Marina looked around her table before quickly grabbing a bracelet. It had yellow and pink beads and beads that spelled her name out with a heart at the end. "It's all yours. No cost."

Alissa looked over at Peyton and Dizzy, pouting at how adorable the interaction was. "Let's leave them alone," Peyton whispered in Dizzy's ear.

"Noted. I saw what I wanted to see." He chuckled, leaning down to talk in her ear before walking off.

The two of them left, giving Alissa the signal to tell them everything when they got back. They spotted a coffee shop down the road so they went down there. She put her hands in her jacket pocket, looking down at her feet.

"Why did you let me go so easy?" Peyton abruptly asked, looking over at Dizzy.

He seemed shocked by the question, immediately looking back at her with a puzzled expression. "What do you mean?" He cracked a smile.

She sighed. "I mean why were you so accepting when I broke up with you." She frowned, tucking a couple strands of hair behind her ear.

Dizzy let out a huff, looking off into the distance as he thought about it. "Well..." His voice trailed off. "I knew it was coming." He looked back over at her. "I knew I loved you more than you loved me. I knew I would never be what Baylen was to you, and I accepted that." He dug his hands into his shorts pocket.

Peyton felt her gut twist as she stopped walking. Did he really feel that way? He really loved her and she couldn't rhetoric that back like he did. It felt like a punch in the stomach. "Dizzy. I loved you, I promise."