Tara stopped laughing and then stared at me with her mouth wide open. "She put a blanket on you and let you sleep?" She said. For someone reason, she seemed more surprised by this than when she thought Emily and I had slept together.

"Um, yeah," I answered. Why is she making a big deal about this? Is that not just human decency?

JJ and Tara looked at each other amused. "Last time I fell asleep, Prentiss slammed a book on my desk to wake me up and then gave me extra paperwork to do," Tara said giving me a weird look. I was about to say something when Luke cut in.

"One time when I fell asleep Prentiss poured a cup of ice down my shirt. But that was back when she was fun." Luke called out. I saw JJ immediately whip her head around and give Luke a death stare. He held his hands up in surrender and went back to his conversation with Matt.

When she was fun? So she really wasn't always like this. I overhear the team talking about Emily a lot. They mostly talk about missing the "old her" and how they're worried about her. I gathered that something must have happened for her to change so much. But what happened? What changed her from a fun and loving friend to a cold-hearted and callous unit chief?

"Anyway," JJ said pulling me out of my thoughts. She must have sensed my discomfort and thankfully changed the topic. "Will and I are long overdue for a date night, so If you could watch Henry and Michael on the 12th I will literally be indebted to you forever!" She said with a huge smile. I agreed happily. I honestly couldn't wait to meet her kids.

We all talked for a couple of minutes, thankfully not about last night when I heard Emily's door open.

"Luke, Reid, Dave, and y/n, let's go scout out the soccer tournament," Emily said as she walked out of her office. I noticed she was in a new outfit. "JJ, Tara, and Matt stay here and work on the profile." She said as she walked out the door.

I quickly gathered my stuff and followed Luke, Spencer, and Dave out the door. Unfortunately, I turned around and made eye contact with Tara, who smirked and gave me a wink. I rolled my eyes and turned back around to head to the SUVs. It was nothing. Last night was absolutely nothing. Emily probably just didn't want me to drive home so late. Emily doesn't even like me. Right?

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐕

ONCE WE got to the soccer fields we all split up. Of course, I stayed with y/n the entire time. If she thought I was joking about watching her like a hawk, she would be wrong. When I say I'm going to do something, I follow through.

We walked through the sidelines talking to parents and so far we got a couple of names which I immediately sent to Penelope.

While we were walking I got distracted by one of the games. It was a team of 7-year-old boys all running around and giggling. There was a blonde boy making all the other boys laugh. He reminded me of Declan. I could never actually watch any of Declan's soccer games for safety reasons, but I was sent pictures all the time.

"Did you play soccer as a kid?" Y/n asked as she walked up next to me.

"No," I answered with a frown. I remember begging my mom to let me play because all my friends did, and that of course was met with a hard no. Apparently, soccer and every other sport aren't ladylike for ambassadors' daughters. What a bitch.

I turned and saw y/n smiling while watching the game. "Did you play?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"No, my sister did though." She said quietly. All of a sudden the picture from her desk popped back into my head. So that was her sister.