30 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter thirty

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

"i'll walk you out?" nick offered to georgia and valeri. georgia had to get to the office for her mom meaning she needed to leave earlier than expected and valeri was her ride.

"yea, thanks guys. yesterday was fun and this morning but i do have to go," she smiled. she said bye to the others and valeri said she'll be back later. they made their way to val's car when she realized she left their phone inside.

she knocked again at the door to which chris opened. "you're back already?" he joked.

"no dumbass, i left my phone," she lightly pushed past him and went to look in the living room, the others were gone. "where'd everyone go?" she asked.

"matt's room, we're planning on if we're doing something later but his laptop died and he's lazy," he chuckled. "let me help you look," he said after seeing her go through most of their pillows.

"boy, where the hell is my phone?" she whispered. they at this point had turned over half of the room, looked under tables and couches, trying to find it. she slumped on the empty couch. "at this point i'll just go and come back," she giggled.

"no, vale, take your phone. we'll find it, just tell georgia like another 5 minutes," chris suggested. valeri agreed and went outside to tell her. in those moments without valeri, chris found the phone in the space between the couch and the wall in such a way that it never fell all the way.

"damn chris, thank you," she said taking the phone and hugging him. she closed her eyes momentarily with her arms around his shoulders. they shot open abruptly, though she loved the feeling of his body in her arms.

valeri slowly pulled away and his grip on her loosened as well. inches stood between the two as she patted her phone against her palm. "i should get- i should get going," she half smiled after a moment of silence. the hug lasted longer than it probably should have, and painfully pulling away knowing it was complicated added another layer to their issues.

their relationship grew into a friendship but friends don't typically hug and struggle not to kiss each other.

"yeah, georgia's waiting," chris did the same mannerisms. "you'll come back later and kick it with us?"

"for sure. i'll need to come back for abu but i don't want to cut his play date short," they continued to stand so close to each other. valeri knew she was hurt by his past actions and hurt bad, but chris was once a friend. after she forgave him, it was almost impossible not to fall down the slope of liking him like that again.

"i'm gonna drop her off, i'll be back in 15," she said breaking the silence. he hummed in response and took a deep breath as she left, cleaning up the couch pillows.

"trev, abu. if anyone asks, you guys saw nothing,"

***

OOOOO TEA