26 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter twenty six

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

the following days of meeting georgia, valeri could always be caught texting her. and with good reason. their friendship was quick to start as they had facetimed so much and slowly lead up to hanging out alone. of course, both of them knew the feelings were there but they just needed something to push them over the edge.

valeri wasn't sure if she was ready for anything too fast but of course she wouldn't mind dating her, just with boundaries until she becomes more comfortable. the friend group decided to plan a day to hang out, only not knowing when or where. until they finally came to the LA county fair.

nate had flew out for the next two weeks so they were very excited for his arrival and what better way to celebrate than by going out together. just matt, nick, chris, nate, sabrina, valeri... and cynthia.

"i'm just saying if he can bring her, then i'm bringing georgia," valeri said to sabrina.

"girl, bring her. i love her and honestly forget chris for being a dick about the whole thing. there were many mature ways to go about it and you should be able to be in the same space as him with your potential significant other if he can," sabrina shrugged changing her shirt. "this one or the one i had on?" she asked.

"mmm..." valeri turned around in her swivel chair.

"girl- jumpscare. blend out your contour," sabrina said jumpily. "but seriously, pick,"

"i would if you weren't calling me a jumpscare," valeri joked. "but in seriousness, the first one. it went better with your shoes which i know you want to wear. just change the pants to a different wash of jeans maybe?" she suggested. sabrina agreed and went back into her closet to change again.

meanwhile, valeri texted matt and nick. she asked if it would be okay to invite georgia and they were ecstatic she would ask. though nick had already met georgia as in the veterinarian intern, he was excited to meet her again in a more relaxed setting. matt, who had never met her, was just excited that they made plans as a group since chris and valeri's fall out.

there were preconceived notions that it would be awkward, but everyone was hoping to avoid a blow up, especially with nate and georgia around. nate had been informed so it wasn't a big deal, but given that he just got to LA, they'd rather give him at least one night of peace.

"heyyy," georgia smiled into the phone. "how are you, vale?" she asked.

"i'm goodddd," she said as she made her lip gloss face. "how are you?" they went back and forth about random things as valeri continued getting ready.

"you look lovely, where are you going?" georgia said, making valeri blush. lovely.

"that reminds me," valeri said as if she forgot. "do you want to come with me and my friends to the fair tonight? we're gonna meet up at one of their houses then leave at six," valeri suggested.

"oh, is it like your roommate and the others that you've talked about?" georgia clarified. "nick and them," she remembered.

valeri explained who was going which made georgia a lot less anxious, given that she's already met sabrina and nick. she agreed to meet with them later and all she had to do was get ready and go to valeri's so that they can all drive to the sturniolos to go.

***

"this is georgia," valeri introduced when they arrived. "georgia, you know nick but these are his brothers, matt and chris, our very good friend nathan and this is cynthia, chris' girlfriend," she said with a plastered smile. it was funny to see chris and cynthia together now that she had a situation of her own.

to chris, it seemed like the girl they added to the group, added a girl to the group. it would be weird if that was the case but he didn't know.

"it's nice to meet you!" matt smiled. "you're gonna have so much fun, have you been before?" he asked.

"no, i haven't. i've always been busy when they're in town, but vali says it's the best and you guys seem nice so," she responded. valeri looked over to see georgia and matt talking while she made her way to nick and nate.

she first hugged him after not seeing him for a while, then began to speak. "i'm excited for this, but i swear to everything," she took in a deep breathe. "cheddar and colby better not mess this up for me," cheddar and colby were their code names for chris and cynthia. easy to understand, yes. but are they really listening to her?

as they began to leave the house, valeri closed the door behind them. nick threw her the keys and she locked up while georgia was mingling with the others. they planned to sit together in the far back seat with nick while they others figured it out in the front.

"hey," chris said as she came down the steps. "i haven't talked to you much,"

"and with good reason," valeri responded. "kidding. i miss you," she said. "as a friend," she clarified.

"i do too," he responded. "as a friend,"

"chris, it's clear that we're moving on with our lives. do you want to just drop it?" she asked. "you're with cynthia and i'm in a healthier mindset to be okay with that," she didn't want to make it clear that her and georgia had something going on, but she still wanted to make it clear that she was okay.

"if you're okay with it i am. because i'm really sorry it happened in a way that ruined our friendship," he said. "we're cool? like for real?" he chuckled.

"yes chris, we're cool for real," she laughed back. chris slung his arm over her and she did the same as they goofily walked down a little down the street to the van with the others. "you'd think the people who live in the house would park in front of their own,"

"it's not my fault some rich mom parked front and center last night," matt said annoyed as he pulled out of the parking space. "i mean seriously, get your white lincoln and ten thousand kids out of my spot,"

"matt, she's a mother of two. where are we getting the other 99,998 children from?" nick asked from the back.

"her third husbands nuts," georgia added. she was blending in fine.

***

ok so hi... it's been a minute BUT i'm here. there's been a lot as far as school and tests but i am here to write.

i'll try to be active and write a little every once in a while AND try to read some books bc my tbr for my friends is a little too big.

anyways if you're confused abt the seats it's like this

FURTHEST ROW:
val   georgia  nick
MIDDLE ROW (where nick sits in car videos):
sabrina  chris  cynthia
FRONT:
nate + matt