20 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter twenty

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

"get up," sabrina said pulling the covers off of valeri. "we're leaving in an hour, go do what you gotta do," she said walking out of the room, shutting off the tv.

"what? where are we going?" valeri yelled. "and i was watching that!"

"meeting up with the others! we're going to the movies and getting sushi after," sabrina yelled from the hall. 

"and you guys planned it without me?" valeri asked. 

"we knew if we asked you, you'd say no because you don't want to see chris or something. but honestly, if you're so 'done hating him' then why does it matter if you see him?" sabrina came back into the room, lowering her volume as she got closer. "so yea, get ready," she reminded. 

***

"and you guys planned it without me?" chris paralleled. 

"chris, if you guys are 'friends' as you say then why is a big deal to see each other?" nick asked, doing his hair in chris' mirror. "so yea, get ready," 

***

valeri and sabrina arrived at the movies a few minutes after the triplets. they were sitting at the lounge and were ready to get snacks and watch one of the newer movies that came out. "just don't get anything too big, we're getting lunch after," matt reminded, handing chris thirty bucks. "you know what we want," he said for nick and himself. "sabrina, val?" 

"val, you know what i want too. just go get whatever," sabrina handed her fifteen. valeri looked at her with an 'are you kidding' face. "look, i'll pay if you go get it," she elbowed her, gesturing how chris was already walking to the line. valeri chuckled and took the cash while sabrina blew kisses at her. the three left over talked about how this was the most awkward it could have been, yet how they enjoyed messing with the pair. it was evil, but so funny. 

"hey," valeri said walking up to him. "sabrina is the worst. she acts like she doesn't have legs," as she spoke, he turned to look at them and laughed. 

"clearly they all don't if they're sending us to get the food," there were still a few more people in front of them so they waited in awkward silence for the line to continue. 

"you doing okay?" valeri asked. "i know a bunch has happened and me calling you like that probably didn't help," 

"it's fine. you were upset and you just needed someone," chris related. he knew what it was like. 

"yea, so.. thanks i guess," they were side by side in the line, but valeri slowly leaned onto him. her back against his chest, slightly off center. he put his arm around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. 

this is what got him. 

they were next in line, chris before valeri but they decided to make it easier by pooling the money together and just ordering at the same time. they waited at the queue and got the snacks, returning to sit with the others who saw the whole thing. matt cleared his throat to tell nick and sabrina they were approaching since their backs were toward the concession stand. 

"all set?" he asked. chris nodded and led the way for the six of them to enter the theatre. sabrina had a look on her face when valeri gave her her snacks, so naturally she questioned it.

"nothing, just that you're totally not over him like you screamed the other night at karaoke," she teased. "you're meredith grey, please,"

valeri's mouth hung open and she physically stopped walking. "am not!" she laughed, catching up with her. 

***

the movie ended as they threw away their drinks and candy. "who's ready to get their sushi on?" chris danced. 

"this has to be the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen you do. and i watched you ask how many dead people have died," nick pointed out. 

"first of all, i was asking you so no you haven't watched me do it," 

"is that even english?" valeri teased. the six of them walked across the street to the sushi place and were seated per their reservation. they had a great night and all and as it came to a close, they decided to walk around for a bit before going back into the cars. 

"so..." valeri said, realizing the others were further behind than she thought. "how are things?" she asked. "like, us things," chris knew what she was asking. 

"if you're asking when she's leaving she's leaving tomorrow morning," he laughed. "i saw her a few days ago,"

valeri stopped walking again. "why are you seeing her?" she asked.

"relax, she told me to call her if i want to stay a thing," chris explained. "all i have to do is not call and then i'm free," he joked. 

"free?" she asked, walking again. 

"we're free," he walked ahead of her and took her hand as they continued down the road to the two cars.

"don't act like her presence hasn't affected our relationship in every way shape and form,"

she took his hand in hers again. "so you have nothing to think about?" she asked, doubtfully. 

"no, of course not. all i have to do is not call and she's on the next train outta here," he smiled. 

"hey, valeri, me and sabrina were talking and she suggested you guys slept over and we could do something. you in?" matt asked. 

"of course, we'll probably have to go to our place to get our stuff but otherwise, i'm down," she said excitedly. "i'll text you when i'm outside," 

sabrina and valeri got into their car, leaving before the triplets and mocking them as they drove off. they planned on going to their house to not only change but to get some toiletries then go over to theirs to sleepover. it was the first sleepover in months, meaning normalcy was returning. 

***

SLAYYYYYY