05 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter five

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

the following afternoon, valeri had arrived at snowport around 2:30 to find parking like they said. their group was rather dysfunctional but surprisingly according to everyone's ETA they were either nearby or on their way. when she found a parking spot, she backed into it carefully so it's easier to leave. she also brought abu who was roaming around the backseat of her SUV. "come on buddy, i know you need to use the bathroom as much as i do,"

she put abu on his leash and walked him over to a clean area to do his business while she scouted for an open building to use the restroom. meanwhile, chris argued with matt over leaving the car. "you're literally going to see everything before everyone else," he argued.

"it doesn't matter about what i see, it matters where i pee because it could be in this car, that corner or inside that building. one way or another that iced tea is coming out,"

"don't forget your pepsis, all three of them since eleven," nick muttered.

"pipe down okay? i'm using the bathroom, i'll even close my eyes and cover my ears if you want," he said sarcastically. ignoring both of them, he left the car and put his hands in his pockets, november in boston was no joke. he walked into the nearest building a little behind the parking lot and asked the front desk the way to the bathroom

***

valeri decided to wait inside the building until everyone said they were here except she was confused when the triplets added that they're 2/3 here but one decided to wander off. "just for the record, we're all here. they're just annoying," someone said. she looked up to meet chris' eyes. abu was all over him since he smelled trevor on his pant legs and began leaning on him. "hey buddy, you smell trev don't you?" he cooed.

"i would think i would get a 'hello' first but i guess my dog is more important," valeri said acting as if she was hurt.

"i couldn't ignore you if i tried. it's just that this one is the cutest ever, don't tell trev i said that though," he laughed. valeri asked him if she could tell the others that they're together and they'll meet them at the front and chris agreed. "shoot, wait, can we make a pit stop?"

"depends where and how long," she challenged.

"i was supposed to make a reservation at tuscans for lunch since it was a crime to pee without doing something in return," he waved his hands as he spoke. "is that okay?"

"yea no worries, they have the best pasta in the area so i'm down," the pair made their way through the building then out to the tuscan stand.

"hi! would you like to reserve a table for two?"

"six actually, preferably inside," chris corrected. the host finalized his reservation which really only took a moment.

"we've been blowing up your phone, hello!" sabrina said walking over to the door. "what are you doing? ditching us already?" she laughed.

"oh please, this one was insisting on peeing so we made him also get us a reservation," nick said.

"i mean when nature calls it's only fair that the person on the other end pays for lunch," nate suggested.

"nathan if chris paid for all of us i think he'll go broke," valeri said in a hushed voice. "do you not remember when we went to the actual restaurant and walked out in a matter of seconds when we saw how much an appetizer costed?" she laughed. nathan remembered quickly and added how one of their other friends was willing to stay if they could wash dishes to pay for the food. "no food is worth getting my acrylics chipped, be so for real right now,"

"i hope you all know that they could literally hear you," matt said in a hushed voiced.

"well technically because it's for a market and this is a pop up thing, it's not as expensive. we're not complaining about them, we're complaining about the real restaurant," nick chuckled. "chris, you done?"

"yeah, let's go, i want to be able to get stuff, walk around, get lunch and watch them light up the tree," he rubbed his hands together. chris and valeri led them around with abu following closely behind messing around with trevor who was being walked along by nick.

***

they had been walking around for about an hour, getting all the free samples they can find when they reach the christmas tree area and nick couldn't resist. "guys, i'm not trying to ship this to our place but i mean...." he said walking into the area further. "i really want one,"

sabrina was impressed by the amount of options they had and was ready to buy one. "do they even ship across states?" she giggled.

"i don't even care i want it," he said staring at them all.

matt shrugged. "what nick wants, nick gets!" the six of them laughed and began looking around for the best tree in rows. "i mean, we're hosting christmas anyway so it makes sense,"

chris was the first to get all excited for their little christmas project. he and nathan ran through the aisles but as he slowed down he turned back around. "well hurry up," he said to them all, aiming it at only one. he stuck his hand out and valeri looked at sabrina before grabbing it an running as well. the other three chased after them, scanning for the perfect one.

valeri felt as if their hands were made for each other. their fingers interlocked and every once in a while he looked back to make sure she was okay even if it meant having near misses with a pole, person or bush. their laughs were intertwined as they ran through what felt like a forest, laughing at each other, the others and nathan far ahead. abu raced after his owner, feeling little a little kid on christmas, running after the two.

a barely visible tint of red appeared at her nose and a more prominent color showed on his face. he came to a stop, dragging both of them to a corner away from the others. "you know," he started.

"winter is a really good time for beaches," he concluded.

"you know it's my last few days with you guys. i go back to LA soon and my little sister wants me to hang out and there's just a bunch of family that-"

"did i ask you to go to the beach with me?" chris cut her off. "because i totally could,"

"and i totally would go,"

"here, let's get some hot chocolate for the others. you're freezing," he put his arm around her and brought her to one of the stands away from the christmas tree farm, placing an order for six hot chocolates, one with whipped cream for her.

"thank you," she said with the pink reappearing. they took the tray of drinks after paying and tried their best to catch up with the others who have seemed to be deeper into the trees than they thought. "did you guys pick one yet? we brought cocoa," she smiled, handing them each their own.

"not yet, but all this running is not for me. who do you think i am, usain bolt?" nick laughed, out of breath from running away from matt who was equally tired. "then this one, is trying to hit me with a stick like.... are we 12?"

"yes," sabrina answered, putting the cup to her mouth, holding in her laugh. "wait guys, the tree lighting starts at five right?" the group agreed. "we got five minutes to not only get out of here with hot drinks and two dogs, but then we need to make it to the other side of the market," they all looked around and began to speedwalk their way out of the maze looking array of trees. nick and valeri exchanged laughs as they've previously agreed never to be those people, and yet here they are.

"3... 2... 1..." the town counted. the center christmas tree was full ablaze, with lights of various colors, shapes and sizes. sabrina was in awe as she'd never been to boston around this time of year while the others stood happy not only to experience this but to experience it with her. valeri laid her head on chris' shoulder as they looked at the glowing tree and other things they saw.

***

this is the one. my current favorite. i lowkey ate im so sorry to say