01 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter one

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

"abu! stop! come on!" valeri yelled after her dog. the beagle kept running, enjoying seeing her chase after him. "you've got to be kidding me," she mumbled. abu, her dog named after her favorite disney character, had managed to run under a fence into someone's backyard. "jesus," she slowed down and walked toward the house, embarrassed to say the least.

she rang the doorbell and put her hands under her arms as she crossed them. when she exhaled, she could see her breath from the cold. finally, someone opened the door. they were taller than her, brown hair, blue eyes.

"can i help you?" he asked. he turned around for a second due to the whispering behind him.

"nick be nice..." a similar looking boy said. "can we help you?"

"see, what is the difference when i said it and when you said it?" the first boy complained. valeri laughed but then explained her case. nick let her in the house but was shooed away by the other brother.

"thank you for letting me in, i hope i wasn't being a bother or anything," valeri smiled.

"not at all," he shot back. "what type of dog are we looking for? i hope he's not white or we're not gonna see 'em," he said referring to the snow that already covered the ground. valeri chuckled again.

"he's a beagle, mainly black and brown. shouldn't be too hard to find," she expressed. "his name's abu,"

"like the monkey?" he looked over his shoulder.

"yeah, he's my favorite," she babbled. "come here, abu, this is not polite anymore," she whispered.

"hey buddy," the boy cooed at the dog. valeri stood up again and faced him as he cradled the puppy. "here you go, abu, back to your very pretty owner," valeri blushed.

"thank you," she giggled. "abu, i think we've overstayed our welcome," she comforted. as much as abu liked the snow, he got cold fast. "i'm sorry, i just got him, he's still a baby,"

"no worries, i have one too. he does the same thing,"

"really? he just goes into people's yards?" she questioned as they walked through the back. they both knocked the snow off their shoes before stepping off the carpet.

"that's trevor for you. look, it's freezing and so is your pup. do you want to go to the place down the street from here? they have really good hot cocoa," he said in an inviting tone.

"i'd like that," she said cheerfully. "except, i don't know your name," valeri pointed out.

"i'm chris, and this..." chris picked up his dog. "this, is trevor,"

"i'm valeri, and you already know abu,"

"i'll grab my coat and we can walk over there?" he asked.

"sounds perfect," she replied. she knelt down to pet trevor and 'introduce' him to abu. "you're so cute!" she exclaimed. "abu, you two are gonna be best friends,"

chris came back down the stairs with yet another person who looked like him. "so i see there's three of you," she joked.

"funny," the other one teased. "i'm matt, you already know chris and nick is the one who opened the door," matt introduced himself and likewise valeri did the same. "chris, i know it's your little date or whatever but don't take that long since we're going out later,"

chris and valeri were in the midst of a conversation not really hearing the others. "yea, yea, we'll see," he shooed.

"it was nice meeting you!!" valeri tried to say before chris shut the door. "wow, in a hurry?" she teased.

"nope, i just have priorities,"

***

woof fr