07 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter seven

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

***

valeri came back to nick's room with snacks as needed and took her rightful spot on his bed. "she's back," nick said 'shocked'. 

"she is. she has snacks and a date tomorrow," nick looked back at her in surprise. 

"what? a date?" he asked, intrigued. valeri explained the situation that occured downstairs and went on about how she wasn't sure if he was joking in the previous days or not. "no, he won't shut up about how this whole time he was going to ask you out, then he said he wanted to wait and all that," nick said. "the point is, you're finally going out with him so he won't have anything to complain about," 

valeri laughed and felt flattered. the fact that he talked about her to his brother- or brothers- meant that he cared. granted they only met weeks ago, it felt like their relationship was inevitable to nick and matt. the hot chocolate date was what really set it in, then when they realized they lived closer than they thought, that's when it was final.

"i just feel like-" nick internally panicked. he knew that chris really liked her but he didn't want it to be one sided. "i just feel like i don't know him like that to really date and stuff. like going on dates is one thing but for something serious... i don't know," she said. 

nick sighed before responding. "that's like the whole point of dating. you guys can get to know each other as things progress and hopefully after some time you realize that it'll work out," valeri smiled at him and put her head on his shoulder. "you can't stress out about the future if the action that would cause it hasn't even happened," 

valeri looked up at him confused at what he said. "what i meant is," he said annoyed. "you can't stress out about the future relationship if you haven't even gone on the first date yet," 

"why didn't you just say that in the first place?" 

"i wanted to be all sentimental and educated,"

***

"i love your room so much," chris said to matt. "if i wasn't here i wouldn't here nick and val and i wouldn't have a mini date tomorrow," he celebrated. 

"i know, i know. i'm the best wingman ever," matt boasted.

"no no, your room is the best wingman ever," matt rolled his eyes while he continued scrolling through tiktok comments. 

"but what's the plan?" matt asked. "like i know, beach, watch waves, cute hoodies, whatever, but what's the actual plan?"

"exactly what you just said but better. i'll bring food for when we get there and if we're still hungry then we'll go get something to eat," chris sat next to matt looking on his phone with him. "don't worry, i got this one in the bag, i planned it all,"

***

i hate this sm <3