Prologue: Tale of the Wanderer Mage (Rimuru x Majo no Tabitabi)

Work done by @elite3532 and @ParadexTM .

Enjoy ;)

3rd Pov

In a small village in the east part of this world made of magic and adventure.

A little girl with ashen colored hair was running around, she was barely 4 years old but could already speak and walk properly.

Her name is Elaina, a young girl who lived a perfectly normal life with a pretty and kind parent.

Right now, she was watching her mother preparing dinner while her father was reading the newspaper.

The last few days have been quite boring as the children of her age didn't attract her, Elaina is quite a prodigy and thus, she couldn't get along with other normal kids.

Because of this, she spent most of her days playing alone or learning from her mother multiple things.

Elaina : Mum, what are you making ?

Tugging her sleeve lightly, Victorica her mother smiled and patted her daughter's head.

Victorica : It's called a gratin, your mother's favorite food, hehe.

Elaina : Heh, why did you never make that before ?

Victorica : Because I keep it for special occasions.

Smiling, Victorica grabbed her daughter and lifted her to a higher height so she could watch the gratin cook.

Elaina : What special occasion mum ?

Victorica : Well, you see a friend of mine is coming.

Elaina : Heh.

Suddenly, someone knocked at the door 2 times...the knocks were soft and you could feel that the person didn't want to startle the family.

Victorica : He must be here, can you go open the door Elaina ?

Elaina : Mmh !

Landing on her feet, she nodded and ran toward the door excited to meet someone new.

Victorica : (Fufu, how cute.)

Elaina Pov

I quickly ran toward the door excited, if it's mum's friend, then he must be cool and gentle.

I never really talk to other people but every time, mum or dad has guests, they are always gentle and play with me.

With this thought, I used all my strength to open the big and heavy door, even so I couldn't reach the door handle.

So I pushed a chair under and climbed on top of it, finally able to reach the door handle.

Elaina : Hehe, i am so smart.

I grabbed it and pushed lightly, opening the door.

Taking a small peak, I was a little startled when I saw a masked and capped man in front of the door.

This made me jump in fear, unbalancing me...time slowed down as my small body started to fall.

I closed my eyes, scared...but surprisingly, I never reached the ground, instead I landed on something soft.

???: What a clumsy girl.

Elaina : Eh ?

I opened my eyes and found myself in mum's friend's arms, he was tall and stared directly into my eyes...

Even if he has a mask with no hole, I could still feel his eyes...ugh creepy.

???: Are you ok ?

Elaina : Huh yes !