Chapter 13 - Shrine of Amana 2.0

"So this is Raya Lucaria?" I asked Godwyn, admiring the view in front of me.

"You can bet it is, a place ruled by magic where all who have a desire to learn about the mysteries of glinstone wish to enter. But not everyone makes it; the sorcerers of Raya Lucaria are not friendly to those who don't have great magical talent." Godwyn answered.

"A place where you are respected depending on your talent with magic? I'm glad that I didn't learned magic in such place, Master Carhillion left Melfia's magic academy having grown tired of the scheming and machinations of the academy's nobles."

"Who is Carhillion?" Godwyn asked.

"One of my teachers, I had many teachers during my journey, Carhillion of the Fold who taught me soul sorceries, Felkin the Outcast who initiated me into spells and abyssal miracles, Rosabeth apprentice of Carhillion who taught me pyromancies and Licia of Lindeldt who taught me miracles."

"I'm impressed; you must have been some renowned sorcerer."

"I wish I was, I arrived in Drangleic with standard equipment and basic spells, I don't know what they saw in me to take me as an apprentice, especially Straid."

"And who is him?"

"Straid was a powerful sorcerer versed in many branches of magic, but never took apprentices, he served in several courts until one day the king of Olaphis became paranoid about sorcerers and banished them from the kingdom, except for Straid himself, he was turned to stone and imprisoned in a bastille in the middle of the sea."

"Wait! Turned to stone?"

"Yes, I reversed his petrification and in return, he taught me spells and pyromancy, he also made me some special weapons and spells."

"One hell of a story. Why have so many renowned sorcerers gathered in Drangleic?"

"Each of them had their motive, Carhillion sensed the dormant magic that pervaded Drangleic and decided to seek it to improve his soul sorceries. Felkin had a similar goal but he sought the darkness in Drangleic, Rosabeth went to Drangleic in search of Carhillion, but was turned to stone. I also reversed her petrification. Licia... Well, she was a con artist, she pretended to be a holy woman who wanted to spread miracles around Drangleic, but in fact, she was on the run for stealing a miracle from a monastery."

"And where is Licia now?"

"Dead, she invaded my world several times under a false identity. I discovered that she was the invader by approaching her with an item I found in a crypt. The item allowed me to invade the world of those who committed serious crimes, we fought and I won."

"It must have been hard for you to kill one of her teachers."

"Yes, I was shaken when I found out that she was the invader, but that's in the past now. Now lest move on!"

"If that's what you want, but I'm here if you want to talk."

"Thanks!"

Godwyn and I crossed a bridge full of cages until we reached a courtyard with a fountain in the center. I climbed the staircase on the other side of the courtyard only to receive a barrage of spells.

"Damn it!" I screamed, rolling to the right, but immediately jumped back when another spell came towards me.

However, when I jumped back, I rolled to the left, dodging another spells, I immediately ducked letting a spell pass over my head, and then I rolled forward, dodging another one.

Rolling and jumping all over the place, I slowly approached the two sorcerers at the top of the stairs, drew my Ornate Sword from my bag, and charged towards the sorcerer on the right.