Chapter 8 - Memories of Godwyn

When I came out of the mist the first thing I noticed was how close I was to the Erdtree, even though it was night, the golden tree still glowed. It might be just me, but the tree looked brighter.

Looking around, I was on the roof of a building in a city, great buildings made with the most beautiful architecture were everywhere, and the roofs and buildings were adorned with gold.

Judging by the architecture and how close I am to the Erdtree, I must be in Leyndell, The Capital.

Now what am I supposed to do here? Usually, when I travel to memories I have to accomplish some goal to leave. Well, I got a hint of what I should do.

Further down on a roof, there was a group of people, they were thin, tall, and wearing hooded clothes, the people were crouched and whispering to each other.

Putting on my Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, Simpleton Ring, and Ring of Whispers, I crouched down and approached the group. I hid behind a stone decoration that was on the edge of the roof and listened to the group's conversation.

"Are you sure about that Alecto?" One of the hooded ones said.

It was a woman's voice.

"Yes. We will receive a fortune for the service we perform tonight." Alecto replied.

She was also a woman.

"Mother, I'm worried! What we will do today is absurd. Kill a demigod! Godwyn the Golden! Marika's favorite son!" Another hooded person said.

All of them were women.

"Don't call me mother during a mission Tiche! You don't have to worry; after all we all have this." Alecto said as she pulled out a dagger.

It was a twisted dagger, a strange red and black energy flowed through the blade, and all these people had these daggers.

"As you wish Alecto." Tiche said and went silent.

"Let's start the mission!" Alecto ordered.

All the hooded people got up and jumped from roof to roof, heading towards the biggest building in the capital.

Kill a demigod? I will follow the assassins. Let's see how far this memory will take me.

I came out of hiding followed the assassins while keeping my distance. I jumped from roof to roof, but the assassins got farther and farther away.

I'm not agile like them.

Suddenly the assassins stopped as they approached the castle in the capital. I hid behind a higher part of the building where we were.

I saw Alecto making gestures with her hands while pointing to something below, the group of assassins was eight in total, and four jumped down.

I went around the building and observed the four assassins below. In the castle some balconies led to inside, beside the balconies there were glass doors, I could see knights in golden armor walking through the halls of the castle.

The assassins jumped on the balconies, two on each balcony, and approached the knights. A knight walked towards the left, another to the right, two assassins sneaked behind each knight.

They drew their daggers and suddenly something strange happened, the assassins made small cuts on the knights, there was no fighting or screaming, the knights simply fell to the ground without moving.

These knights were large and wore high-quality golden armor, there was no way a simple dagger would kill them right away. There was something wrong with those daggers.