Chapter 2 - A Accord

"What kind of accord?" I asked, still pointing the blade in her direction.

"Ever heard of the Finger Maidens? They serve the Two Fingers, offering direction and help to the Tarnished, but I'm afraid you don't have a maiden. I can play that role." The woman said calmly

A woman I've never seen before offering me a deal, and again this talk of maidens. Why are they so important?

You know what? Enough! I've been manipulated by Shanalotte and Nashandra; I won't fall for that trick a third time!

"I'm not interested!" I said, leaving the woman behind, but I could hear Melina calling me.

"Wait! I can turn runes into strength!"

No, I'm not falling for that "I'm strong enough! Thanks!"

"But I can help you in your search for the Elden Ring!" She kept yelling.

Again this Elden Ring. Why is it so important? Varré was not clear. "I have no interest in getting this Elden Ring; all I want is to find my stuff!"

Suddenly Melina disappeared from where she was and appeared in front of me "Just take me to the foot of Erdtree. You're looking for something, aren't you? I can help you, all I ask you to take me along."

I thought about it, and I have no doubt that I will end up being put on another impossible journey, full of people with plans and ambitions, and I will probably be a key part of those plans.

On the other hand, having someone help me look for my stolen equipment can be useful. Hm... I might end up regretting that decision "Okay, I'll take your accord."

I swear Melina heaved a sigh of relief.

We went back to the site of grace and sat down "What's your name my tarnished?"

I'm getting tired of being called tarnished "Alden, and I'm not a tarnished, I'm an Undead"

Melina stared at me for a few seconds "Nice to meet you Alden, back to our agreement I need you to take me to the foot of Erdtree" Melina said with a small smile.

Sounds simple enough "Erdtree is that bright tree in the distance, isn't it?"

Melina cocked her head to the side, she is not the first one to notice my lack of knowledge of these lands "Yes, and the way to it is surrounded by many dangers."

I take back what I said, this is going to be hell "But it would be unfair if only I benefit from this accord, tell me, Alden. What are you looking for?"

Well, time to dictate my terms "Let's put it this way, before I arrived in these lands, I went through a little adventure, so to speak, and in that adventure, I amassed a nice collection of equipment and magic items, weapons, armor, that sort of thing. But when I arrived at the Lands Between, some of them were stolen; the most important are four crowns, a sword, a shield, and a bow, with the crowns as a priority"

I took a sheet of paper and pencil out of my bag; I drew the mentioned items and handed it to Melina.

"If you see any of these items let me know right away."

She stared at the drawings for some time "If I may ask, what is so important about these crowns?"

Better, not tell the complete truth "These crowns are enchanted, each of them has a special effect, like increasing my defense, magic, that kind of thing. I like to use them to prepare myself for all kinds of situations; you never know when you're going to need a power boost."

Melina nodded and tucked the paper away "I intend to honor my end of the bargain if you honor yours."

Fair enough "Likewise."