Chapter 35

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"Death is not the end death can never be the end. Death is the road. Life is the traveller. The Soul is the Guide." – Sri Chinmoy

I am dead.

--- Without an antidote, my body would have shut down in a matter of minutes.

At least I died doing something honorable.

I saved my family.

My grandma and aunt didn't deserve to be put in this situation.

They didn't deserve to die.

They were tricked, conned into coming to Wake Forest as an act of kindness to reunite the family in one room.

It was supposed to be a beautiful act of kindness that turned into a bloody disaster.

All Mary-Anne wanted was for her son to be happy.

-Reuniting us, under his request, was supposed to do that.

He said he would be happy again, but he's a soulless man.

He doesn't see us; his family, as people. WE are an object. WE'RE his plaything,.

While individuals are able to have the ability to choose his or her own path in life without fear of repercussions, he's choosing our bidding. He's dictating our path.

He's choosing our death.

I don't have any regrets because I did what I knew was right.

-----No matter the cost to me.

There will be no engagement or wedding.

No having kids or watching over the grandkids. It's funny how that became something I actually would have looked forward to. ------I said I didn't want any children after Scarlett. -----It would have been nice in hindsight.

I'll miss being robbed of a life I could have had.

**

My death was quick but there was pain. My entire body shook uncontrollably from head to toe.  I felt my body suffocate, my organs clenching for the very last time---and then there was sudden relief. ----Weight lifted from my entire body.

There was even that white light everyone talks about before death but I didn't end up outside the gates of heaven like I was hoping for.  Honestly, I was hoping to be rewarded for my change in behavior and my heroism. I'm not religious or anything but I'm pretty sure I heard once that you get repayed according to your deeds. Is saving 2 lives classified as a worthy deed? I sure thought so.