121: Fall in Just One Day

Start from the beginning

Vara flew down and lowered her to the ground.

"Schnee?" she said.

"Sol," Winter replied.

"Yep." Vara brushed her hair back. "Well, you also look like death warmed up... Hey, Bright Eyes--" She meant Shine. "--you've trapped us in here. Do you have any idea how we're going to get out?"

"We could try using that door." Shine pointed👉.

No one else had noticed it yet, because it looked like a part of the wall. It was huge.

"She got them in here somehow," Shine said, dryly.

The few enhanced Grimm were the remaining ones now, and they were getting a little hesitant to attack after seeing what Wally did to their compadres.

"How do we get this open?" Wally ran up to the door.

"Allow me," Watts said, walking up to it.

Then he examined the door and made some adjustments on his remote--the door unlocked and slipped open.

"Wow," Wally said. 

"Feel free to applaud," Watts said.

"Idiot," Cinder said.

The Grimm seemed to take that as an incentive. They all ran for the door.

"Wait!" Wally cried.

But of course they didn't. They ran out into the maze.

Shine frowned. "But that's no good... What if they get out of the maze?"

"What if they find our team?" Tai said.

Kip slipped to the floor, with Qrow still in tow.

"Are you all right, mister?" he asked.

"Oh, sure," Qrow winced. "I feel fine..."

"Wally..." Shine mused.

"I know, I know, but we can't just go after them either," Wally said.

"No...but we have to warn everyone," Shine said.

"So, how's your plan going?" Watts asked Shine snarkily. "Was this part of it?"

"Hey, man, back off," Wally said.

"To make a plan, I need to know more about what I'm working with," Shine said. "But for now, I think we need to get back up there, unless we can destroy the lab from down here."

Vara looked up. "Where'd Theo go?"

"Did he even fall in?" Tai asked.

"I'm not sure he did..." Vara said.

"Unless he got eaten already," Watts said.

"That Minotaur thing ran out too," Wally said. "BTW, Shine, I'm so up on this Greek myth thing--I mean, it's not really useful, but I feel so sophisticated."

"Who knows? It might be useful," Shine shrugged. "Dracanae were not what I expected to see."

"Can I ask why she's here?" Tai pointed at Cinder with his weapon. "We should just leave her here."

Cinder made a fist.

"I'm ashamed of all of you for being so petty," Shine said. Her temper was fraying also after all the stress.

"Petty?" Tai said.

"Just go," Shine said. "Plenty of time to deal with her later."

"I cannot believe you," Raven said.