Chapter 5 - "This isn't going anywhere"

I stand there while processing if my eyes are seeing what it's seeing, Hannah's bf 𝘪𝘴 the "blue eyes guy".... I look at Liz to see if she recognizes him, and I can say she's just as shocked as I'm by the look on her face.

Hannah turns around and says with a grin, "Dylan, meet them, my new friends", 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘋𝘺𝘭𝘢𝘯. "Oh hey" he says with a grin, I try not to fall for that smile, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗗𝗟𝗬 𝗜 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗙𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗧 𝗬𝗘𝗧.

I know that I never even fell 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 hard for him, and I know that I won't, since he has a gf, who is Hannah, my friend, so it's never going to be anything between me and Dylan.

• • •
After having a small talk with them, Hannah and Dylan are gone and now it's just Liz and me here, Liz stares at me in a sympathetic way,
"What? I never even liked him." I tell her before she could even say anything,
"I didn't even ask anything" she says,
"you better don't" I tell her and then we both go to our apartment, 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰, 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴, 𝘴𝘰 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵.

• • •
Liz is in her room right now, and I'm in my room just staring at the ceiling. At the convenience store when me, Liz and Hannah were there, Hannah gave me her number, so I just text her, not because I wanted to talk with her, it was because I wanted to know about her relationship, more likely about Dylan in an indirect way.

I text her "hey"
she replies with a "heyyyyyyyy"
𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘵.
"where are you right now?" I ask.
"oh I'm just at the park with Dylan, why what's up?"
I think of a reply that could make her tell me about Dylan
"oh nothing just asking, you both seem like such a cute couple!" after saying that, I expect her to tell me at least liltle bit about Dylan, but instead she tells me a lot more than little.
"oh well thanks, it hasn't been long since we were dating, it's just been like 3 weeks, and I still don't know the whole him yet, he spends his most of the time doing homework he says, but I don't know if he lies or says the truth lol"

Wow. I was shocked after reading that but then I just reply with a "oh" even though I had a lot of questions after what she just told me, and I know she's gonna be disappointed after seeing that dry reply, but I don't wanna sound too desperate.

"Anyways, ttyl" she says.