𝟎𝟎𝟗

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ

Chapter nine,   𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒅, 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒆

Autophobia. The fear of being alone. It was something Scarlett hadn't been familiar with. But, her best friend Stiles was. When the girl was eleven, Scarlett and her aunts were supposed to spend two weeks in New Orleans where she was born for vacation. Scott was staying with his dad at that time, which left Stiles alone. Her holiday was cut short by a gutwrenching call from the boy to Scarlett a week into her holiday.

She could barely understand him but she knew she had to go back home. That was the first time Scarlett had witnessed him having a panic attack. They started after the death of his mother, Claudia. She was a kind, loving woman who treated Scarlett like she was her own, almost like she knew someday Scarlett would be a part of the family. When she learned more about his panic attacks Scarlett vowed to never let him be or feel alone ever again.

"I think the book's making it more obvious" said Stiles. Scott had been avoiding Allison all morning because Derek had told him to. According to the man, she makes him weak.

"Yeah, Scott. You can be spotted from a mile away. You have a very distinct cranium" Scarlett spoke, pulling the chair out to take a seat with them.

Stiles turned facing the girl as she sat down. "hey. Where have you been? I haven't seen you since homeroom"

"As it turns out when you slip into a pool of your dead coworker's blood, you need to go to counseling" she replied, her voice laced with a hint of sarcasm. "but besides that. Scott, Allison's reading she's not gonna notice you"

Scott continued to hide behind Stiles's history book "so did you come up with a plan yet?' he asked Stiles.

"I think so" Stiles nodded his head while taking a bite of the green apple in his hand.

"Does that mean you don't hate me now?" Scott questioned.

Stiles let out a scoff "no. but your crap has infiltrated our life, so now it's up to us to make sure you don't get yourself or anyone else killed. Plus, I'm definitely a better yoda than Derek"

"Yeah, you be my yoda" Scott replied.

"Your yoda I will be" Stiles said in his Yoda impression. "I said it backwards" he laughed.

Scott nodded his head "yeah, we know"

Stiles grabbed his bag "all right, you know what, I definitely still hate you. Uh-huh. Oh, yeah"

"yoda? Isn't he that wise green thing from those space war movies you like?" Scarlett spoke while grabbing her bag.

Stiles stopped in his place. "SPACE WAR MOVIES!"