𝟎𝟎𝟖

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ .

Chapter eight,   𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆

Scarlett tapped her fingers on the counter in front of her, as she watched the first nightmare on elm street movie. It was a slow night at the video store, which she was thankful for. It meant the girl could work and get her homework done without rushing it at home. Minus the creepy customers she gets late a night, she did like her job.

Suddenly the bell chimed at the front door. signaling someone had entered the store. "can somebody help me find the notebook?" the voice called out.

Scarlett paused the movie while grabbing the abandoned DVDs next to her, and began walking over to the person. "Jackson, how many times do I have to tell you, the third row from the front"

Jackson turned to face the girl, looking her up and down. She wore black jeans and a blue shirt. "oh, I forgot you work here"

Scarlett let out a scoff "that's because you don't pay attention to anyone but yourself"

Jackson began to grow annoyed. "could you just show me where it is, so I don't have to be here any longer than I need to be"

"Your lucky I have to restock that section anyway" she said, waving the three romance movies she held in her hand.

Scarlett began walking over to the section with Jackson following not too far behind her. She noticed the light above her still flickering "Mike I thought you said you were fixing the light-"

Scarlett suddenly slipped on an unknown substance causing her to hit her head on the shelf behind her. She looked down seeing her lower half was covered in blood. Her eyes began to travel over to her right where she saw her coworker laying in a pool of his own blood, his throat had been slashed.

Scarlett began crawling backwards away from the body causing Jackson to move as well, his back hitting the ladder behind him causing it to fall, bringing the broken light with it. Jackson quickly bent down grabbing Scarlett and helped her up.

As the lights around them started to flicker, a low growl could be heard behind them, due to how dark it was, when they slowly turned around all they could see were bright red eyes staring at them.

The two ducked behind one of the shelves, hoping to somehow sneak away but, their plan was ruined by the creature knocking down the shelves causing them to fall like dominos. Scarlett was lucky enough to avoid being pinned down by the shelves but Jackson wasn't.

Before Scarlett could help Jackson, the glowing eyes from earlier began to move closer to the two. She picked up one of the fallen DVDs and threw it towards the creature hoping to scare it off.