Chapter 14

Niko POV:

We pull into the roller rink and Greenleigh is humming to the song floating through the car. What am I doing here? How did I get here? I am in a car with two kids, is this considered kidnapping?

"No. Their parents know where they are, and that you brought us." Lee says to me hopping out of the car to help the kids. I was thinking out loud. That's a little embarrassing.

Evie jumps into Greeny's arms with a giggle and they skip inside. Leaving me to grab the bags and make sure Sawyer gets in there safely. Sawyer is one funny kid.

"My brain is confused. Who are you?" Sawyer asks with his arms crossed trying to look intimidating.

"You're chauffer apparently," I grumble.

"I see I see. What is that? I know what it is, but I just want to see you if you know what it is," Sawyer says still arms crossed.

"I drive you around like its my job"

"Oh you are correct, good job."

As soon as we step in I see the girls standing in line for skates. The smell of greasy pizza, old carpet, sweat, and old shoes hits me in the face. Who would subject themselves to such torture. The lights are flashing and its so dark I might trip over this kid.

I grab onto Sawyers hand as we swerve through people to get the Greenleigh.

"Way to ditch me with a kid I don't even know." I say to her. Raising my voice so she can hear me over whatever song is playing.

She looks at me then shrugs. Greenleigh is about to say something but its our turn to rent shoes. Once we get the shoes we make our way over to a booth.

"Do you know how to skate at all?" Greenleigh asks me lacing up Evie's shoes.

"No." I answer.

I finished lacing up mine and see that Sawyer is struggling. I lightly push his hands away and tie them into a nice bow.

Looking over I see Lee with a small pout and her hands on her face, "you are too cute. Now come on, lets teach you guys how to skate."

Too cute? What did I do in a past life to deserve such an insult. I'm hanging out with two sticky children and Sawyer. Sawyer is fine, I guess.

"Now, you can hold onto the wall just to feel steady." Lee directs me holding onto the hands of Sawyer and Evie. I don't like this. The floor is not staying put and its irritating. "Hey hon, try not to look so terrified."

I just stare blankly at her joking tone. Lee's overly bright smile stays on me as she starts to skate backwards. Show off.

I am still gripping onto the half wall for dear life as Greenleigh is helping Sawyer and Evie move while on the wheely death traps. Soon enough they are both skating circles around Lee. The little gremlins are making friends and Lee's eyes fall on me.

She starts to glide toward me so effortlessly. Unfair.

"Tommy..." Greenleigh drawls as she reaches me.

"Greenleigh..." I repeat in the same tone.

"The floor isn't caving in on its self you know? You don't have to hold onto the wall so tightly."

"I'm not," I let go of the wall "I was just leaning, because I don't like this type of stuff."

"Oh I see. Too cool for all this, duh." her hands slip into mine catching me off guard. My heart rate picks up- because I don't want to slip and fall and look like and idiot. Obviously. "You're nervous. Look how easy Evie picked up on skating, and your like twenty years older than her."