Chapter 5

Greenleigh POV:

After getting done with my least favorite Wednesday class, Literary Theory and Criticism, I walk down to the field for my regular Drama class with Rizz. I love this class with my whole heart. The teacher, the people, the curriculum.

Walking down the hill I see Benny. What the heck is he doing in this class? Who cares, I get to hang out with Benny, this class keeps getting better and better. Since this school is pretty small all theatre and drama related classes took place in the auditorium. We can't exactly be in the auditorium for obvious reasons.

"Benny!" I call out once I am close enough. A gigantic grin spreads across his face when he realizes who called his name.

"Lee, I thought you were in this class," he thinks out loud. Benny comes jogging over to meet me halfway.

"What are you doing here?" I question. He doesn't major in theatre anymore so him having this class is out of the ordinary. Benny switched once he realized he wanted to be a history teacher.

I would understand if it was highschool but no, this man wants to teach history to a bunch of third graders. Don't get me wrong kids can be cute, but being around them all the time would suck.

"This one European History class isn't required for two semesters and I had an empty space for a class. I chose this one, thought it would be fun," as he says the last sentence his eyes trail over to a certain lead named Lizzie. He has been crushing on her big time ever since the first musical they did together.

Benny was the Beast and Lizzie was Belle. She was a Freshman in college and he was a Sophmore. Lizzie is totally oblivious to his gaze but Benny honestly couldnt be more obvious. I'm 100% certain she is the main reason he chose this class and rejoined the musical.

"Right. Fun..." I trail off with a knowing tone. His gaze snapped to me and blotches of red blossomed on his lightly tanned skin.

"Shut up, you promised you would drop the subject," Benny grumbles, the blush not going away. The amount of times I have tried to get them together is insane. She thinks someone like him wouldn't go after her and he is so scared she'll reject him. I get so angry when people are staring at the facts and choose to not see them.

"I didn't promise shit," I say laughing, "you like her so much." I poke his sides and his face gets redder. I didn't know that was possible.

He swats my hands away and I feel eyes on the back of my head. Still laughing I turn around, Niko is standing a couple yards away with his eyebrows scrunched.

"That guy is so weird. People try to actively avoid him in halls," Benny says in an almost whisper. He isn't that bad if you don't count the fact that he hates my guts. I think I'm growing on him though. Yesterday I said hi and he didn't walk away from me.

"Niko's not horrible. I bet he is a real softie on the inside," I say. That is probably false, but it's hope I am hanging on to. I give an enthusiastic wave and he nods his head in response, "See?" You know what I call that, PROGRESS.

"Oh yeah. He's such a kind and loving guy, he didn't ignore you this time," Benny jokes.

"Why don't you go stare at Lizzie," I throw over my shoulder skipping my way over to Niko. He needs a nickname. His name is too hard, maybe his middle name? "Hey," I say once I make it over to him.

He grunts. So he doesn't like saying hi. I agree it can be quite pointless sometimes.

"Whatcha doing here? I thought practice isn't until later," I question as he walks into the locker room. I follow in after him and he gives me a weird look.