Chapter 12

Niko POV:

Not how I expected this day to go. Greeny's hand reaches behind her head to take a fry from my lap. She is laying across the couch with her head sort of propped on my thigh. Greenleigh is patting around my lap trying to find a fry. If her hand gets any closer to... places I might die.

Taking Greenleigh' s hand I direct it more toward my knee so she can grab a fry. I hear a distracted 'thank you' because her focus is mainly on this new movie. You may be asking, why am I still here? Answer is I don't know. I can't bring myself to leave.

She scared me so bad when I found her in that copy room. She was shaking and crying, seeing this usually bright and always a smiling girl break down made my chest hurt. The scariest part was that she didn't stop herself when she basically collapsed in my arms.

First I thought was someone hurt her. Sure she may be annoying but she doesn't deserve whatever happened to make her act that way. Looking down I see her face is still a little puffy. Does she want a heart to heart?

I poke her cheek and she looks at me. "Do you... want to tal-"

"No." she states bluntly and hops up to walk over to the kitchen. I follow after her and see her grab a knife out a drawer.

"Ok. Touchy subject," I say with my hands up. Lee smiles lightly which makes me feel better. She starts to aggressively stab a bag of chips with a bent knife, "Give me that. Your going to kill me."

"Bags are a tough thing to open," she says simply handing it over to my open hand. I open the bag quickly and hand it over. Cleaning up the little crumbs off the counter and the weird looking knife I accidentally slice my hand.

"Fuck," I groan holding my palm.

"You gotta be careful. These knives have been around since 1991 and have been through Hell," she explains to me. Why would she still have them? They are rusted and a hazard, "You are bleeding."

"Thank you for that observation," I tell her through gritted teeth.

"Come here," Greenleigh grabs my wrist and takes me to the bathroom. She points tp the edge of the shower and I take a seat with a roll of my eyes.

She rustles through the bathroom cabinets until she grabs a little box with unicorns on it. "What is that," I ask warily.

"The greatest Band-Aids to ever exist. Amazon, 10 bucks for a pack of 100 cartoonish Band-Aids." Greeny goes on a small rant. She holds up a single finger and runs out of the bathroom.

Her life seems so chaotic, but in a fun way. Her shower curtain is a dinosaur in a shower with the words "Get Naked" across the tub. Who buys shit like that?

Lee comes running back in with a small towel and Neosporin. "I'm a doctor. Fun fact," she grabs my hands and starts to wipe at the cut on my hand.

"I know how to put a band aid on," I start to say.

"Another fun fact, I don't care," she continues to hold the rag to stop the bleeding. The wound has slowed down so she swipes some Neosporin on it and places at least nine unicorn Band-Aids on my hand, "Beautiful." Lee lifts my hand and places a light kiss on my palm.

"Thanks," I say not sure what I am supposed to do now. She takes out her phone.

"Oh shit!" Greeny yells. I give her a weird look and she shoves her phone in my face. Oh shit is right. We are gonna be late for practice. Lee starts to leave the bathroom. "I have to get ready. Thank you for helping me today, see ya."

Greenleigh runs to her room and I am left on the side of the tub going over the details of the past couple hours. How is she able to go from zombie like and crying to perfectly fine and hyper.