Chapter 13

Greenleigh POV:

"Lee there are too many crappy drawn animals on the fridge!" I hear Lani yell from the kitchen. Walking out of my room I see Lani trying to pick up a bunch of Evie and Sawyer's drawings  off of the floor.

"I think we need more," I say with a small laugh. She looks up with an irritated smile. Lani holds up the picture of the squirrel that looks like a blob, "Personally that's the best one, it really ties in with that picture of a tree."

Ry suddenly walks into the kitchen and picks up one of the drawings, "Lets go through them. We need to keep most of them because they are cute." We all take a seat on the floor and start to sort them. The pictures that are basically just scribbles get put in my room while the ones where you can actually see shapes stay on the fridge.

Lani keeps a picture Sawyer drew for her. Last time he came over to our apartment he had a cute little crush on her. He stuck to her like glue and gave her a dandelion. I wanted to cry, it was so adorable.

"Today I'm taking Sawyer and Evie to a roller rink after Ben and I work on our project." I give them a rundown for my day. Sometimes I just overshare and tell them everything about my life, but they listen and I love them.

"What time because I will definitely be there if I can," Ry says putting a poorly drawn picture of Pikachu in his keep pile. 

"Same. please tell me its after six because before is a no go," Lani tells me.

"Nope by six we will be back at their house because I'm only watching them til' seven," I tell them. Both Ry and Lani groan. Guess they'll be missing out this time. Last time I took the kids out for something like this we all went to the trampoline park.

Ry accidentally kicked a kid in the head and Sawyer pushed me into the foam pit. There was so much going on I can't even explain. One of the best days of my life if I'm going to be honest. Is it a little sad that the greatest memories I have are with two adult weirdos and two kids under the age of ten? Who cares it was fun.

"Then I'll be out too. My grandmother is visiting and I have to take her to lunch," Ry shudders as he speaks. Let's just say his grandmother isn't... cool? Good? Fun? Basically she straight up sucks.

"Just skip out on that and come with us. Its connected to an arcade if that changes anything..." I trail off. I haven't hung out with them in forever.

There is a moment of silence but Ry finally answer, "I've cancelled on her too many times. Just have some fun and we can watch a movie tonight."

"Ok, sounds good to me." I tell him. I hop up with my drawings and go to hang them up in my room. My phone buzzes and I check it.

Benny- We meeting at Lattes and Love?

Me- You are too correct :) 10?

Benny- You are also too correct😎

I close out my phone and see that it is 9:15. Ok finish hanging these then speed run getting ready. Once I finish pinning the drawings over my computer I put on a simple fall sweater, a black pleated skirt and my red converse. 

I need to complete a rainbow with my converse. Currently I have red, blue, purple, green, and brown. Its because I'm so cool. Looking at the time I have about ten minutes to get there so I do the logical thing and I run out of my house blowing a quick kiss to Lani and Ry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking through the doors of Lattes and Love I see Benny looking at me with a disappointed look. I give an awkward smile and walk over to him.