Chapter 6

Niko POV:

"Mattius!" Nick calls out to me. I zoned out a little, a coincidence that I zoned on Green Girl dancing. She is being dipped by that ginger, I pull my eyes away from her. She's so annoying. I can't handle being around her. She gives me a stomachache and makes me feel like my head is spinning. Gross.

"What?" I grumble. He jogs over to me and gives me a look.

"I threw the ball at you and it is now sitting at your feet. Whats the deal?" Nick asks me. We were passing around the ball and doing some duo drills when my eye just got caught on something.

"Nothing," I say. I pick the the ball and start craddling it, "Lets just run the drill and you shut up."

We start up the drill and I try to ignore the obnoxious music and the even more obnoxious girl dancing. Nick tosses the ball at me and I pretend I am dodging someone, so I throw it back at him. We continue this and a few other drills for awhile until coach calls the end of practice.

I head into the locker room and Silas comes at me, "Sweetie Pie?" he asks.

"What?" I answer irritatedly. His names are getting on my nerves. I swear to God if he asks about that Lani person who is friends with Green Girl. Silas has been non stop asking if I could get Greeny to set Lani and him up.

"So, I know you hate crowds and people and music and anything fun in this world..." he drawls on and on.

"Get to the point," I spit.

"There is this party tonight. Lani is going to be there and I didn't want to go alone, come with me please," he begs. I am about to decline when he continues, "Please don't say no. Greenleigh is going to be ther-"

"Why should I care?" I ask.

"Oh you obviously don't, I was just telling you who was going to the party," he says like its the most obvious thing in the world. I just nod along.

"Ok," I agree quietly. His face morphs into one of surpirse but then into one of excitement.

"Thank you, it will be fun. You can be as broody as you'd like," he explains to me, "we just have to go in, let me talk to Lani, then get out after I get a date."

"Ok," I say again. I take a quick shower so I can head home for the party. Packing up and walking out of the locker room when once again I am stopped by a too high pitched voice.

"Hey Tommy," Greeny says to me. Tommy, what a stupid nickname. My head is spinning and I have a headache now. I grunt to her greeting, "you going to Tricies party?"

"I guess," I say to her.

"Oh thats going to be fun. Just got a new dress and I'm planning to wear it," she goes on. I feel a ramble coming on and I can't seem to walk any faster. She keeps matching my speed, "Silas is probably excited because Lani is going to be there. I'm not a huge partier or drinker so this is going to be interesting. Anyways see ya there."

Then she is gone off running to her readheaded boyfriend. They don't really look like they matched together, but Greeny seems to have bad taste.

I feel a slap on my back, I look to my right and see Silas. God what does he want now?

"I am so excited for this party man. I just want her number, a date if she is willing to give me one," he starts up sounding dreamy. I would hate to be as whipped as he is. That would be hell, I couldn't handle being so hung up on a girl.

"Mhm" I say and we continue to our cars. Why did I agree to go to this party. I find no appeal in crowds, what possessed me to give in to my best friends request?