I huffed, "none of this does. We've been running for God knows how long, and haven't found some sort of secluded...something? This is Georgia. There's gotta-" I bumped into Daryl, not paying attention to where I was going and looked up. "Is that a prison?"

"Mhm. A shame." I looked at the yard, which was filled with walkers. "Let's keep movin'."

"No, wait. Hold on." I studied the prison. "I think we could make it work. Go get Rick."

"He's your brother, you go."

"He's your bestie." I joked, noticing Daryl wasn't budging, "Fine."

♮♮♮
[POV]

Rick agreed with JJ, they could make it work. He cut the fencing and ushered everyone through, having Glenn tie it back together. The group ran the perimeter to the side gate, figuring out a game pln. 

"If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight."

"So, how do we shut the gate?" Hershel questioned.

"I'll do it." Glenn volunteered. "You guys cover me."

Maggie protested, "no, it's a suicide run."

"I'm the fastest."

"No, you're not. I am." JJ sassed, "I'll make the run."

"I'll cover you." Rick told her, "Glenn, you, Maggie and Beth draw as many as you can over there. Pop 'em through the fence. Daryl, go back to the other tower. Carol, you've become a pretty good shot. Take your time, we don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel, you and Carl take this tower. JJ, you focus on getting the gate, I'll take care of the walkers."

JJ nodded, her stomach twisting with nerves and adrenaline. Once everyone was ready and, in their spots, Rick and JJ gave Lori the nod to open the gate. 

Daryl shot, sending an arrow through a walker close to Rick. Then, Carol shot, sending a bullet straight for JJ's boots. 

"Sorry." 

More and more walkers left the fence to go after Rick and JJ. When she made it to the gate, she kicked one of the walkers back, but another grabbed her arm, luckily, Rick shot it before it could do any damage. "I've got your back, but hurry."

She hooked the gates together and the Grimes' ran into the nearby tower, sprinting to the top to take care of the other walkers in the field. 

"We actually did it." JJ smiled, looking at the yard, impressed. 

"Did you ever doubt us?"

"Yeah." She joked, "you were right. There was a place. We just had to find it."

The others walked around the yard in excitement. "We haven't had this much space sine we left the farm." Carol laughed. 

Come nightfall, they had built a fire and made themselves dinner. Rick continued to pace around the fence and Daryl stood guard. 

"Tomorrow, we'll pull all the bodies together. Want to keep them away from that water. Now, if we can dig a canal under the fence, we'll have plenty of fresh water." T-Dog recommended. 

"And this soil is good. We could plant some seed, grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, soybeans." Hershel looked over to Rick, who was still walking the perimeter. "That's his third time around. If there was any part of it compromised, he'd have found it by now."

"This'll be a good place to have the baby." Beth smiled at Lori. "Safe."

"Bethy, sing Paddy Reilly for me. I haven't heard that, I think, since your mother was alive."