Ch. 6

"They are so cute and so tiny." I hold my three cubs in the warm water. After hours of hard work, I finally did. "Thank you for your help Nobu."

"Of course, it helps when you can hear everything." He smiles and holds out a towel. "May I?"

"Of course, I didn't realize there were towels." I hand him the pups one at a time.

"Only at the bathhouses. Even then there isn't many around."

"Why not?" I ask curiously.

"The sheep Clan doesn't make very much. They don't have the tools to properly sheer themselves in the summer."

"I see, maybe we can help them."

He smiles as he dries the last pup. "You have ideas?"

"Sometimes."

My pups whine and cry as they're wrapped in a clean towel.

Damien helps me out of the tub and dries me. "Comac get the bedding ready, Fae needs to rest."

He skitters away quickly.

Nobu holds my pups as Damien carries me back to our room.

"How are you feeling?" Damien asks.

"I'm sore, but I'll be alright. How are the pups?" I look over at Nobu.

He smiles. "They look healthy, eager to snuggle with their mother."

We get back to our room and we are set up in the bedroom. The pups are set up in a basket and I can finally relax a little.

Damien kisses me passionately. "You rest, Nobu and I are going to have a late-night hunt. Comae is just in the other room if you need anything."

"Thank you."

With that, he leaves.

The basket is right next to me and I look at my pups. Two are gray just like Damien, and the other is brown and white. It looks like a husky pup, but still cute. Their fur is super soft and brown and white. One nuzzles my hand as I finally feel the exhaustion settle in and I fall asleep.

The next few days pass by and the house is finally finished.

We are all excited to move. And after a day or two of rest, I can finally walk around and do things.

We pack what little we have and move into the new house. It's spacious, the main room has a deep fire pit and open windows. A few chests line the wall and there's already a pile of fine wood in the corner.

Damien hangs our hides on the back wall. I look at the chests and think of what to put in them. Maybe we can use them to store food. I walk through the doorway into the back. I found the two rooms, one has a bath in the ground and the other is a bedroom. The bedroom is huge! There are multiple beds for spouses, and each one is big enough for two.

I sigh. "I see I'm expected to have a lot of spouses."

"With females being so rare, you kind of have to." Comae puts his hand on my shoulder.

We go back into the main room and start a fire. "Do you know the genders of the pups yet?" Comac asks curiously.

I shake my head. "No, but I can look when I feed them next." My chest has been a bit sore since I started breastfeeding. I'm sure it'll go away soon, I fill up rather fast since I have triplets.

The brown pup whines for attention while the other two sleep.

"Awe, you are a momma's pup aren't you?" I pick it up and hold it close to my chest.