7. Hostility is a Specialty

Start from the beginning

She quickly sits down, still wagging her tail. I set down my gym bag, and walk over to my kitchen.

I bend down  to grab the dog food scoop, scooping into the container of dog food. I proceed to walk to Nala's bowls, pour the food into one of the bowls, grab the other bowl, and fill it up with water.

After I set down her water bowl, I walk over to my bedroom, undressing myself, pulling a towel over my lower half, and walk into my bathroom across from my bedroom.

I shut the door and turn on the shower. I then get into the shower, wetting my hair and body. My back stings from old scars, as the hot water slides down my back. I put shampoo in my hair, scrubbing with my fingers. I let it soak in, while I wash my body with body wash.

After a few more products, I finish my shower, and brush my teeth.

I walk out of the steam filled room, feeling the cold air hit my body.

After I get dressed, I let Nala out in my small backyard.

I walk behind my kitchen counter, and go through my fridge for ingredients. I decided to make chicken alfredo for dinner this morning, grabbing a premade sauce jar, fettuccine noodles, and pulling my thawed chicken breast from the water filled sink.

I start preparing my chicken and pan, putting olive oil inside the pan, and seasoning the chicken. While I'm grabbing a pot for the noodles, I hear a knock on my entrance door.

I set the pot down on the counter, and make my way to the door, checking who it is through the side window.

I open the door, "What do you want?" I sigh, annoyed.

"Hey Dal, How's it going? How was your day? I've missed you since I last saw you." Dal replies, sarcastically. I leave the door open, walking away from him, and focus back on my food. Dal comes inside, and shuts my door, locking it.

"What's for dinner?" He asks.

"You're not eating my dinner." I replied sharply. "Oh come on, I came all the way out here."

"I didn't invite you," I grumbled, pouring all the dry noodles into the now water filled pot. I walk around the counter and down the hallway, opening my back door, and call out to Nala. She runs in, wagging her tail, immediately running to Dal.

"Oh, hi princess," Dal beams, bending down to hug Nala.

"Traitor," I mutter to Nala. In return, Nala opens her mouth, in a slight smile.

I walk over to the noodles, stirring them, and press down on the chicken.

"Why are you here?" I ask. "What? I can't just come over?" Dal questions, petting Nala's ears. "Dal."

"Fine, you're in trouble," he replies. I laugh, "Oh, right, is mommy and daddy going to walk in the door, and put me in time out?" I pause, becoming serious, "Seriously, why are you here?"

Dal rolls his eyes, "Boss is pissed, one, you killed your targets, and two, you killed not just your targets, but extra people. What was it? Candyland for you?"

"Why isn't he here, telling me this himself?"

"Because, I asked if I could tell you instead, lighten the blow, you're lucky he's in a good mood. Your ass would've had welts."

Dal sits down on my couch, patting the fabric, telling Nala to jump up.

"No, don't let her up there, she sheds like a horse," I command, in frustration.

"You're an asshole, poor princess, she doesn't get any love."

"I give her plenty of love, but she knows she isn't allowed up there."