Chapter 3: Reunion

Y/n's POV
I ran up the ramp of the boat and headed over to see Eren and Mikasa.

"We have a lot of catching up to do." Eren said sadly. There was a look of pure terror in his eyes.

What could he have seen? I thought. Not considering the fact that there were bodies littering the streets. Maybe a family member was hurt? I didn't want to ask. He didn't need to relive the horror that had just happened.

"How did you two survive?" Mikasa asked.

"(Y/n) and I hid underneath some collapsed houses. Surprisingly the titans didn't find us." Armin said. I nodded.

"What about you guys? Did you save your mom?" I asked. Eren immediately looked down. Mikasa was looking at me and shaking her head signaling for me to stop talking.

"We couldn't save her. Some bastard took us here and didn't give us a chance." He said through tears. "We could've saved her! He underestimated us!" I immediately put my arms around him.

"It's ok, Eren. You tried your best." I said trying to comfort him. Despite the tears falling from his cheeks, he had a slight smile.

"Thanks (Y/n). I'm sorry the first day we met turned out to be this way..." Eren said sadly.

"Don't apologize. None of us chose things to be this way." I said. Armin was waving at the people who were still on the island as we talked.

"Anyways what about your family, (Y/n)? Did they make it out ok?" Eren asked.

"My parents are both dead." I said calmly. I surprisingly didn't feel upset. Those bitches never let me do anything anyways. Besides, I'm focused on comforting Eren. I'll start a new life.

"I'm so sorry..." Eren said sympathetically.

"Nah don't be sorry. My family was annoying as hell anyways." I said. Eren gave me a weird look but immediately dropped it as he looked into my eyes. I blush. He blushes too.

"Guys the boats leaving! Let's wave to the people who are being left in Shiganshina!" Armin said happily.

"BYE!!" We all shouted. The people from the island waved at us as the boat left the docks.

"So where are we headed anyway?" I asked.

"We're going to some other city within the walls. We need to wait a few years before we can joint the scouts." Mikasa said. My ears immediately perked up.

"Wait THE SCOUTS? You guys are joining the scouts?" I asked with a worried expression. "Do you even know how many people die?!"

"Death is a price I'm willing to pay." Eren chimes in. "I need to avenge my mother." That made sense. Something about Eren stood out from the other kids. He was determined.

"I-if you're joining The Scouts... I am too!" I said without a second thought. Eren's eyes lit up.

"Really?! It would be amazing to have someone as beautiful as you in the Scouts!" Eren exclaimed. Mikasa gave Eren a glare.

Does she like him too? Oh well. I dismissed the thought.

"Everyone exit in a single file line!" The captain of the boat said. Everyone lined up quickly and exited the boat. Eren stepped off first then Armin, Mikasa and I. Food was being given to the women and children so we each got some bread. We ate and talked about how life would soon be...

To be continued...