Lovers

After I got my gear, Thalia showed me to the gun range and helped me get familiar with my new gun. Surprising her and even myself, I somehow hit the target with every single shot. After that, Thalia showed me to my room, it's a small metal room, with one bed, and a desk inside. Annabeth gets called by the Admiral to go to her, so I get left alone in my new room.

I set my gear and my gun onto the desk and flop onto the bed, that is somehow harder than the metal. I get about a second of rest, then someone pounds on my door. It takes me a second to figure out how to open the watertight door. It swings open and Leo barges in.

"I forgot this!" he grabs my gun and attaches a small black box on the side of the railing. "This is an Infrared Laser, you press this button her and it turns on." he presses the button, but nothing happens. "Don't worry it's working, it makes an invisible laser, that only people with NVG's can see!" he says excitedly.

"I don't under-"

Leo leaves before I could ask questions and shuts the door.

"Stand..." I sigh.

I flop back down and check the clock on the wall, 11:30 A.m. My eyes start getting heavy and just when I was going to finally get some rest. Someone pounds on my door again.

I swing it open, "What do you want!?" I say irritated. Annabeth looks up at me, her face red and eyes squinted in frustration. "Oh, I'm sorry... what happened?" I ask her.

"Can I stay with you?" she asks.

"Yeah of course-

She launches herself into my chest and lets out a muffled scream. Confused, I slowly back in with her still attached and shut the door behind us. Wrapping my arms around her I ask, "What happened?"

"My mom tried to put me in a room next to that creeps room, and there was a conjoining door that only he could work!" she yells still muffled in my chest.

"That's... creepy." I say. "What about the dam deal we made, where she forced me to join her dam freak death squad so I could marry you?" my blood getting hotter.

"She said, because of that she couldn't put me in a room with him already... so she settled for a room next to his." She says.

"I hate it here..." I sigh.

She lets go of me and slowly sits on the bed. She pats the spot next to her and I sit.

"Percy... if we leave, we will surly die out there." She says softly.

"Yeah... but dying together sounds a whole lot better than you getting pimped out by your mom to some dude nearly half your age." I say.

"Yeah..." she sighs, and rests her head on my shoulder.

"This bed is hard." I laugh slightly trying to bring her mood up. She perks her head up quickly.

"Oh! I asked mom where your mom and sister are!" her eyes light up.

"Where?!" I ask equally exited.

"They were moved to another carrier further out in the ocean, they saved as many as they could and brought them to another fleet. They are sailing looking for a place not taking by the freaks." She says and my heart sinks.

"Oh... cool..." I say.

"I know you wanted to see them, tomorrow you go out on a mission, before that mom's going to let you video chat with your mom and sister." She smiles.

"Really?" I ask, my heart slowly rising back up.

"Really!" she nods.

"I cant wait to see her." I smile, Annabeth's face kinda sinks a bit making her look nervous. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Is it really ok if I stay with you?" she asks nervously.

"I'm going to be honest... I just assumed you were staying with me, until you came back telling me what your mom tried to pull." I smile. "Make yourself at home, I got a desk... which is taken up by most of my expensive crap I don't know how to use. And a bed which in comparison, the metal floor is softer." I smile and kiss her temple. "I'm saw a sign for the bathroom down the hall, I'll be back in like 5 unless I get lost... which will probably happen." I stand up and struggle opening the door until Annabeth opens it for me. "Who said chivalry was dead." I smile.

"Seaweed brain." she smiles, shutting the door behind me.

I manage to make it to the bathroom and use it like a real big boy. But... I got lost on the way back to the room. It doesn't help that every hall looks identical. I try the wheel but it doesn't budge, I knock on the door hoping this is my room.

"Percy?" Annabeth says from inside, I get overfilled with relief.

"I got lost." I say.

"Are you alone?" She asks.

"Yeah... are you trying to ambush me?" I ask, and hear the door unlock. I push it open, and Annabeth is standing in front of the bed... with nothing on. "Woah..."

"Shut the door!" she says. And I quickly struggle to shut and lock it.

"You're naked..." I say, unable to look away.

"No shit dumbass!" she says. "Now... do you... want to... too?" she says her face growing increasingly red.

"Annabeth... if I ever say no to that... shoot me with that gun."