Chapter 29: The Rumble

~Ashley's POV~

After (f/n) went with Mark to wherever, the rest of us headed to the Library. Rebecca walked up next to me. "Why the fuck is Mark back?" She asked curiously. I looked up the road and gestured that area. "So they can talk." I answered. Rebecca looked down at her feet and continued walking. "Damn it, I just wanted to kiss him once." she admitted. I patted her on the back and turned onto the pathway that led to the front door of the Library.

Just as we were about to get inside, we heard someone shout across the street. I spun around and saw the same group of people we saw weeks ago when we were getting Josh out of trouble. The Bloods.

They looked pretty pissed off about something. When they reached us, their leader grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me close to him so we're forced to make eye contact. "Your little friend, Josh, is starting shit with them Crips." He started. Oh shit.

My eyebrows frowned deeply and I made the leader let go of me. "I thought I told that piece of shit not to start shit!" I yelled, irritated. I paced back and forth, trying to come up with a plan, but for the first time in a long time, I didn't have one. I grew shocked at my own lack of imagination.

I closed my eyes. "Please tell me you guys have a plan." I demanded. I opened my eyes and they just nodded. "Since you and I have beef with that mother fucker, we should just beat the shit out of all of them. He has Bloods on his side, so I think it's going to be an even match." the leader explained. Wow, this is the first time I've ever joined forces with a more well-known gang. This must be how Josh feels when he pulls that shit.

I just nodded. "Fine." I agreed, shaking his hand. "Meet us in Riverhead tonight, nine o'clock, bring your best fighters, and wear blue. We're setting straight tonight." he told me before turning away. "We'll be there." I said back. As if that were their cue, they walked away.

I faced my friends again, who didn't look phased by what just happened. "You guys do realize that we're going to be fighting alongside a set of Crips, right?" I asked. They nodded slowly. "It's what we have to do." Rebecca answered. I nodded and led everyone inside the library.

I saw one of my friends working here right now. Her name is Becky, and we've been friends for over nine years. She saw me, smiled, and hugged me briefly. "Hey! Haven't seen you in a while!" she said while stocking the bookshelves. I waved at everyone behind me. Her smile faded when she saw Kenneth. I noticed that and looked at Kenneth. "Oh..." I mumbled. Kenneth took that as his cue to get out of sight. I slowly turned back to Becky with a guilty look on my face. "I'm sorry about that." I said and shrugged. She shook her head. "No, it's not your fault. I just can't stand the sight of him, you know?" I nodded understandingly. "Yeah, I know what you mean." I replied.

I followed her down the aisle where she was putting returned books back on the shelves. "Anyway, we got ourselves in a..."tiny" situation." I started. Becky furrowed her eyebrows. "What kind of situation?" she asked suspiciously. I hesitated before answering the question. I stepped a little closer so I could whisper to her.

"We have problems with someone in Riverhead, and we need to gather our best fighters. We have to meet a gang in Riverhead at nine tonight." Becky looked at me shocked. "Gang!?" she whispered loudly. "How the hell didn't I know about this!?" I looked down at my feet. "Well, you seemed to have been really busy with work and your boyfriend lately so I didn't want to bother you." I answered truthfully. Becky sighed and nodded her head. "I'm sorry about that. I just need to make enough money to pay my phone bill and for food. We're pretty low on food right now and I don't feel like starving." she said with a slight chuckle. I nodded in understanding.

"So, will you be able to make it?" I asked, changing the subject. She looked at me, smiled, and nodded. I clapped my hands excitedly. "Okay, just wear blue when you come, alright?" I requested. She nodded again and went back to work. "See you tonight!" I called before leaving the library. We need to find more people that are willing to fight with us tonight.