Chapter 2: Pizza Date

~Your POV~

Mark pulled up at this family restaurant called "Francesca's". They serve pizza and all different kinds of Italian food. Just smelling the garlic bread from here made my stomach rumble.

Mark and I got out of the car at the same time and headed inside. The smell of Italian food grew stronger as we approached the front counter. A lady wearing a purple company shirt with blond hair tied back in a pony tail turned around and saw us by the register. She smiled. "Hello, what can I get for you?" she asked us. I turned to Mark, letting him order first. He did so. "I'll just get a slice of pepperoni with two garlic knots." he ordered. She put that into the cash register, and then turned to me. "I'll have a (favorite Italian food)." I told her. She put that in too, and Mark payed for it.

"Let's find a seat." he told me. I nodded and looked around the place. There are a lot of empty seats, and I personally like sitting in booths. That's what I did. There was a booth by the window, and Mark and I sat across from each other, him facing the window. The sun was about to set soon, and it's only a little after two-thirty. The sun was beaming a little bit onto Mark's face, making his scruff more noticeable.

While we waited for our food to be ready, Mark and I talked about our days. I told him about the new friends I made, especially Scarlet. He was wide-eyed when I explained Scarlet to him. "She has red hair, and she reminded me of Skylar so much today." I told him. His eyes were locked onto mine, like he was conspiring something. He probably thinks that Scarlet is just as bad as Skylar just because they're similar in physical appearance, and just because their names are similar when you first say them and because they both have two syllables. I doubt that Scarlet is a danger. She's too sweet.

"Wow, that's pretty insane." Mark commented. "I never thought you'd meet another person like that." I nodded in agreement. "Neither did I, until I met her." I responded with a laugh. "I also met this girl, Ashley. She is so sweet, and she seems like she's, you know, normal." I added. Mark smiled. "Well, I'm glad that you're finally meeting the right kinds of people." he said, kissing my hand. "You need to live a normal life for once." I nodded. "Yeah I know. Ashley also told me that she's a fan of your videos. Of course, she doesn't know that you and I are together." I said, laughing. Mark chuckled too. "Maybe I can meet her. Since you said she's normal, maybe she and I can actually hold a conversation just like you and I can." he said warm-heartedly. "Hell yeah. It would definitely make her day." I said seriously. Mark didn't dwell too much on the seriousness of my voice.

We spent a few more minutes talking and they called us up for our order. The blond worker handed us our meals. "Here's your pepperoni slice and garlic knots." she said to Mark, handing him his food. She turned to me and handed me my food. "And here's your (favorite Italian food)." she said to me. I took it, and smiled. "Thank you." I said as I walked back to our booth.

Mark and I sat down simultaneously. When we first bit into our food, our mouths basically had an orgasm. At the same time, we both were like, "Mmmmmm." I kept stuffing my face until a quarter of my food was gone. Mark did the same thing with half of his pizza. "This is fucking amazing." he said with his mouth full. "I know, right!?" I said back, still stuffing my face.

When our food was almost gone, we slowed down. We didn't feel like getting a stomach ache the first day we're in this state. "I never knew that I'd be eating food this good in my entire life." I admitted to Mark. He swallowed his pizza crust and looked into my eyes. "Me neither. It's too good to be true." he agreed.

Mark and I finished our food and threw our disposable kitchenware (paper plates, plastic forks, etc.) in the garbage on our way out. It was now about three o'clock. I saw Ashley across the street hanging out with Rebecca and some other guy I've never seen before. She didn't see us, nor Rebecca, because they were too busy laughing about something. Ashley was talking a little differently from before. She sounded more...street. I disregarded that and called her over. "Hey, Ashley!" I called. She stopped and looked at me. She didn't seem to notice Mark behind me.

She and her friends crossed the street. They were holding Starbucks cups in their hands and looked both ways continuously as they crossed the street. Must be a New York thing.

"Hey, (f/n)!" Ashley said as she stood in front of me. "What are you doing?" She then looked at Mark behind me, who smiled that handsome smile and waved. Ashley grew shocked. "Markiplier?" she asked as calmly as possible. Rebecca just stared at him in shock, and the guy with them looked a little confused. Mark stepped beside me and nodded his head. "Yep. (F/n) told me that you're a fan." Mark said confidently. I could tell that Ashley and Rebecca wanted to freak out, but for Mark's sake, they didn't.

"How do you know (f/n)?" Ashley finally asked. Mark wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "She and I have a long history together. Long story short, we've been dating for almost two years." Mark explained. Rebecca seemed slightly disappointed, but Ashley didn't really care. She told me that she has a boyfriend anyway. "Well, I think you guys are a cute couple, especially since you have a history together. My boyfriend and I used to have a love-hate relationship last year, but now it's just love." she told us. Ashley already told me all about that type of relationship in lunch and photography today, so I already know the story with those guys. Her boyfriend's name is Chris.

After Ashley and Rebecca got used to Mark's presence, they stopped freaking out. Ashley looked at Mark, and then back at me. "So are you two on a date or something?" she asked. Rebecca's face fell even more. Ashley patted her on the back as she awaited my response. I nodded slowly. "Yeah, we just ate, and now we're going to head back to my place." I answered. Ashley nodded. "Alright, well I'll see you tomorrow then. Have fun, guys!" She smiled, and walked away with her friends. I heard them talk about the same thing they were earlier. Mark smirked at them. "I guess you're right about that Ashley girl. She does seem normal. I like her." I gave Mark a weird look, and he just rolled his eyes. "You know I don't mean it like that." he added, and shrugged. "I just like people who aren't clinically crazy." I nodded slightly, agreeing with him, but then I remembered Skylar again. I'll never be able to not miss her. That crazy mother fucker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

daw you and markimoo went on a date :3 well, at least i got to meet him xDDD jkjk i'm going to try to update ch. 3 today. im pretty busy, but ill make time, just in case, though, i put up 2 chapters for you to make up for today if i can't update :p goodnight again!! <3 xoxo btw the image is what francesca's really looks like in hampton bays, ny. that's for anyone who doesn't know what it looks like. :D