Chapter 23: Stop Remembering

~Ashley's POV~

Things between me and our opposing gangs have been getting worse lately. When I was walking on the streets earlier, I was jumped. I have a black eye and my cheek is slightly scraped from being dragged on the asphalt road. I was beaten up, robbed, and abandoned in a dark corner of town. Like I usually do, I just got up, brushed off the dirt from my person, and just proceeded with my life. I have nothing else to lose now, except for (f/n) and Chris. I fucked Markiplier. Damn it, stop!

I got a notification from YouTube that Markiplier had posted a video just now. Speak of the devil. I sat down against a tree in the garden of the Library and just watched his video. It was a vlog that was about a half an hour long. Right when the video started, he was sniffling, like he was crying. My eyebrows furrowed and I spent the next while watching his video.

A little while passed and by the time his video was over, I was literally in tears and in shock at the same time. I knew that (f/n) and Mark have dated for a long time, but I never knew about some of the stuff Mark talked about. Whenever Mark cried, I cried along with him. I know that he's been through a lot, especially with a girl that's been in jail, but I never knew how he felt about it. When he lost it and cried on his desk table for thirty seconds, I broke down, too. Poor Mark. I looked back at his reddish face and whispered, "It's not your fault."

By the time I finished grieving for Mark, I got up from my spot and walked back to the hotel building. Do I even want to go back?

It's been a day since I even got back to the hotel. I didn't know how to face anyone anymore. I know Mark told me not to tell anyone, but I have to tell someone. Who can I trust? Scarlet? Nope. Nic? Highly doubt that. Brian...yeah, Brian's good at keeping his fucking mouth shut. But he's known to accidentally tell people things like that sometimes, especially to the person I'm trying to keep a secret from.

It's hopeless. I should just stick back to what Mark said and keep it to myself. Nobody has to know, besides, we just had sex, and it didn't mean anything. Mark didn't mention it in his vlog, so at least he's keeping his word.

The town is pretty dark now. Everyone from the hotel was sending me text messages asking me where I was and all that. Since I had Rebecca and Kenneth messaging me, I decided to meet up with those two, and those two alone. They're my BEST friends, and they'd never tell a rock anything I ask them to keep a secret. I sent them the message to meet me at 7-11, which is only up the road from where I am. They replied with an okay and I'm assuming that they're on their way.

While I was at 7-11 alone, I saw one of my ex-boyfriends there. His name was Corey, and he's three years older than me. I dated him when I was fifteen years old. So, doing the math, he was eighteen. Now, he's twenty, going on twenty-one. He was standing by his truck, like everyone else did here for some reason, and he looked at me. I tried to hide my face as best as I could by pulling my hood on over my head and covering the side of my face. I just wanted to get inside of the store without being talked to by some weird dude...for once.

When I was in here. I saw another guy whom I seem to see everywhere I went. He's this homeless guy with a brown, curly Afro and torn clothes. He looks like he has become homeless recently because his clothes didn't look as ruined as everyone else's did. Yeah, my town is mainly for people who have a million dollars in cash. He was looking at me weirdly, which obviously made me feel too uncomfortable. I quickly bought what I had to buy (a cherry slurpee), and rushed outside.

Sadly for me, he was right behind me. I tried my best not to look back and increase my walking speed, but homeless guys are fast here. "Hey, Ashley, wait up!" he called evilly. I broke into a run, but he was faster. No no no, this is NOT happening! Where's Kenneth and Rebecca!?

That homeless guy grabbed me around my waist and pushed me against the wall behind the 7-11 building. I didn't bother screaming because he'd probably kill me. He started stripping me of my jacket and tank I was wearing while sloppily kissing me down my neck. "P-Please stop." I begged quietly. He didn't listen. He just continued kissing my neck. "You have no idea how much I've wanted this." he said in between kisses. Make him stop, Ash. You're in a gang for God's sake! Kick him where he breaths!

Listening to my brain, I kicked this guy in the balls. As he was crying like a pussy on the pavement, I pulled out my pocket knife and did all I could to gain his attention. "Listen to me you sad sack of shit, if you ever, ever pull something like that again, I will slit your throat and drink your blood in front of your cold, dying body." I said in a low tone. He didn't respond right away, but I know that he was scared. I pressed the tip of my knife to the middle of his neck. "DO you understand!?" I almost screamed. He forced a nod and continued to whimper in pain. Man, he's pathetic. Now, the sooner I get this objective over with, the sooner I can clean off my "infected" neck. Who knows how many desperate bitches this guy has fucked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~