Chapter XXIII

RYUJIN

The classes already started but I have decided to sick leave first. I'm staying in the house, Yeji is coming here every night.

It's been three days since that happened and Yeji was still not reacting differently even after I gave her a scar on her forehead.

Dad and Yeji never made me feel lonely and they keep on telling me that maybe it is the right time for me to hear my Mom's answers.

Dad and Yeji are at the University and I'm all alone right now in this house.

I read again the letters that Mom was sending Dad, I thought Mom was here in Seoul for a long time but I just found out that she went to Switzerland, Abu Dhabi, and America, and all she did in those places was to work.

Mom never fails to give Dad money for me.

Mom's dream is to have her own bar house where respect is a must, she said that a bar house is like people's diaries, some went to bars to cry out their pain, celebrate a party, or seek for conformity.

Mom and Dad are talking through letters like they are still together but it sounds like they are friends and partners because of me.

I saw a letter where it has a yellowish color like a tear fell into it, when I read the letter, it was about the suffering Mom went through when she heard that I have ADHD.

At first, I thought Dad used all of his money for my Doctor but I never knew that Dad can't pay the Doctor since he is still studying for masteral at that time.

"Give Ryujin the best Doctor in Seoul, I don't care how much money it is, I am willing to sacrifice my life for her. I already did something bad to her and I will not let it happen again, I'm telling you, If Ryujin did not survive all of this, I will kill myself and sell my soul to evil for our Daughter to be alive. I'm begging you, pay for the first month and I'll do the rest, this is all my fault, let me suffer with Ryujin."

My tears are falling. I read the following letter and I think Dad sent her my pictures,

"Thank you for bringing Ryujin to that Doctor. I'm glad she's making friends and she has a pretty face, let her do everything she wants and if she wants to buy something, I'll send you the money immediately."

"Let her bring a lot of girls, we can't do anything if she's happy playing with other girls' feelings, Just kidding. You're her Dad, you know everything about this, tell her that having that kind of life is nothing but a waste of time. Tell her to love someone she's willing to sacrifice her life as a youngster who likes playing girls."

2 years ago is the last time Mom sent dad and letter and I think that is the time when she came back here to Seoul and started her business.

I'm staring at Mom's number.

Someone suddenly opened the door, I dropped my phone on the ground and Yeji pick it up for me, "What are you thinking of?" She asked.

"Why are you here already?"

"It's just an orientation so I thought that I can come here and talk to you."

Yeji went closer to me and she saw my phone, "What are you scared of?" She snatched my phone and pressed the number, Mom picked it up immediately.

It was so quiet, Yeji smiled at me, "Mom?" I nervously said.

"Ryujin, visit me here in my house, I will let someone pick you up, please."

I didn't answer.

"She's gonna get you now." Mom sounds so excited and nervous.

"Okay," I said.