Chapter 38: Oh

"Cao Ge, Embroidery Master." Yang Shao, who was helping the Meng family in receiving guests, squeezed through the crowd and came forward. He was followed by Meng Tao and Chen Jiang. In this circle, everyone had some family connections. Yang Shao's grandmother and Pei Yan's grandfather were cousins. Yang Shao's mother, Meng Tao's father, and Chen Jiang and Chen Sen's mother were siblings. However, Yang Shao didn't often hang out with Meng Tao, Chen Jiang, and Chen Sen; instead, he grew closer to Pei Yan.

Chen Jiang also understood that if it weren't for Yang Shao's face-saving measures, Pei Yan wouldn't let go of the incident when Chen's brother scolded him but was overheard by Pei Yan. Chen Jiang had the audacity to come over at this moment because he wanted to make amends in front of Pei Yan.

"Mr. Yang, good evening." Hua Jin smiled at Yang Shao and nodded slightly at Chen Jiang and Meng Tao.

Chen Jiang and Meng Tao were pleasantly surprised and had smiles on their faces.

Pei Yan nodded slightly and asked Yang Shao, "Have the two embroidery masters arrived?"

"They have, they have. Let me take you there." Yang Shao glanced at Hua Jin and said to Pei Yan, "That person from the Xu family was asking me earlier if you would come."

"He's been close to Pei Cunhai recently. Why would he ask me?" Pei Yan questioned.

"I wasn't talking about Xu Yi. It's Xu..." Yang Shao turned his head and saw that Pei Yan wasn't paying attention to him at all, so he wisely shut his mouth.

Pei Yan noticed that Hua Jin was wearing high heels, so she was walking slowly. As they stepped onto the stairs, Pei Yan lightly clenched his fist and supported her waist with his free hand. He whispered, "You have an old injury on your leg. Why are you still wearing high heels?"

"In this kind of occasion, wearing high heels while walking gives a stronger presence." Hua Jin noticed the warm and almost imperceptible touch around her waist. She lowered her head and looked, realizing that Pei Yan's hand hadn't actually touched her waist, but this gesture protected her from tripping.

"It's painful to cling to one's pride." Pei Yan whispered, "You're not short, even if you wear flat shoes, it won't look bad."

"A tree lives with its bark, and a person lives with their face. Please satisfy my little vanity for beauty," Hua Jin smiled, squinting her eyes. "Besides, I'm out with you today. If I embarrass myself, it's like embarrassing you."

"I've never been afraid of embarrassment," Pei Yan scoffed. "I don't know how many people here secretly curse me in their hearts. If you embarrass yourself occasionally, it's not a big problem."

"Don't be upset. They can only curse you secretly in their hearts, but their bodies and mouths still have to please you," Hua Jin patted Pei Yan's hand gently to comfort him. "When you think about it carefully, this feeling... isn't it not bad?"

Yang Shao, who was leading the way in front, almost couldn't hold back his laughter. He cleared his throat and turned to Pei Yan, saying, "Pei Ge, I already told Grandfather about this at noon. When Grandfather heard that Hua Jin is an embroidery master, he was very happy. He said that when Hua Jin arrives, he will take her to meet the two embroidery masters."

"You went through the trouble."

"It's a small matter." Yang Shao smiled. "Besides, I'm helping Embroider Hua. There's no need for you..."

Pei Yan gave him a light glance.

Yang Shao immediately changed his words, "This way, please."

Meng's villa was very spacious. Even the width of the staircase from the first floor to the second floor was almost as wide as her bedroom. The corridor on the second floor was covered with carpet, making it feel light and airy as she walked on it. However, it was precisely this sense of lightness that gradually brought Hua Jin back to reality.