Chapter 34: Leonard's secret

Ashley's POV

I stepped out of the elevator, making my way to Marcus' office.

Marcus was in a state, frantically running his hands through his hair as he took in deep breaths.

He sighed, slamming the telephone down after he had finished his call.

"Is everything okay sir?" I asked stepping into his office.

"Well, one of the maids just fell sick and Megan is not here either because her mother is in the hospital. We are already short staffed so I'm in a bit of a crisis." He explained.

I took a moment to think things through. I was already familiar with the job,  it wouldn't hurt helping. "Well, I can help out.  I'd be happy to do whatever you need." I suggested.

He sighed, releasing all the tension he had been holding in. "You are such a lifesaver. That would be amazing." He answered.

I wonder what had happened to him, he used to yell at me all the time.

"There are only two suites to take care of. You don't have to do most of the work, you just need to make the rooms look presentable. I'll send someone else tomorrow as well." he said.

I nodded.

I took note of the two room numbers that needed to be cleaned.

I proceeded and went to gather the cleaning supplies I needed for the job, grabbing an apron as well since I no longer had my uniform. It would have to do.

The first room was located on the third floor. Most of the people who rented the rooms on the top floors were millionaires, while those on the bottom floors often came here for the experience, blowing off their whole year's savings.

The one-bedroom suite was empty.
It had an open house plan with the living space and the bedroom combined, the kitchen at the far right end. Despite this poor planning for a hotel room, it still looked chic with all the decorations.

It was good that it was empty, it meant I could move faster.

The suite was in a disastrous state, with towers and bathrobes hovering over the floor, as well as empty plates of food on the bed. It wasn't that hard taking a plate to the kitchen, or even calling someone in to do it for you.

I began with my job, picking up the laundry on the floor and then changing the bed linens.

In just twenty minutes, the place looked a lot better than it had initially. I was used to this job, I knew the places that needed to be cleaned first to make it look like you had done a whole spring cleaning.

There was a rattle coming from the door. Someone had arrived.

Soon after, a man walked into the suite. I presumed he was the hotel guest.

He had his black jacket over his shoulder, circles under his eyes and was barely able to walk in a straight line. He was completely wasted.

Before I had the chance to greet him, he was moving into the bedroom area and removing his pants. Had he even noticed I was here?

I cleared my throat to grab his attention. "If you'd like, I could leave and come back at a more convenient time," I said turning away.

Luckily, he had exchanged his trousers for another pair as he walked toward me. I would have preferred it if he hadn't removed any clothes at all but at least he wasn't one of those completely indecent hotel guests.