Chapter 14 - Christmas

It was Christmas Eve, and a large family sat in the living room sipping cups of hot cocoa and watching Christmas movies.

David sat on the couch with his arm around Mary Margaret, who had her head resting on his chest. David's other arm was draped around Leo who was curled up at his side with a blanket.

Emma was curled up in the armchair with a blanket and a box of tissues. The movie they were watching wasn't a sad one, and Emma definitely wasn't one to usually cry over a movie even if it was, but with her hormones being all over the place she had been more emotional than usual. They were currently watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and had just gotten to the part where the grinch realized that Christmas was more than just the gifts under the tree. Emma thought back to all her Christmas's as a child, in crappy foster homes. She thought about all the Christmas's that she spent alone before coming to Storybrooke. Then she thought about last Christmas and how it had ended in a shouting match between her and Neal, resulting in Emma being thrown against the table. Then Emma thought about tomorrow and how she and her boys would finally be with family.

"You okay mom?" Henry asked from his spot on the couch. In Henry's lap was a sleeping Parker. On his left was Regina and next to Regina was Robin. In Robin's arms was Rosemary. On the floor in front of the couch, Roland and Oliver lay on their stomachs.

"What?" Emma asked as she dabbed at her eyes with a kleenex.

"I said, are you okay?"

Emma sniffed. "I'm fine." She said. Henry opened his mouth to argue but Regina elbowed him in the ribs and he shut his mouth.

The movie ended and David stood up. "Okay kids, what do you want to watch next? Christmas Carol or The Nightmare Before Christmas?"

"Nightmare Before Christmas!" Leo, Rosemary and Roland all shouted.

"Is that a Christmas movie though, or is it Halloween?" Henry mused.

"Both, I think." Roland shrugged.

"What's Night Before Christmas?" Oliver piped up.

"Only the bestest movie ever." Rosemary grinned. "And it's Nightmare."

"Oliver won't be scared, will he?" Mary Margaret fretted.

"Nah." Emma said with a wave of her hand. "He'll be fine."

David went to put the movie in and Emma put down the footrest and started to get up. "Damn bladder." She mumbled under her breath.

By the time Emma came back, the movie had already started and Oliver had his eyes glued to the tv.

"I like this movie." He said.

"It just started." Roland laughed.

"But I like it."

Emma sat down in the chair, and was out in five minutes.

"Mommy's sleeping." Oliver said.

"It's only 7:00." Henry frowned.

"Yeah, but she's pregnant and tired." Mary Margaret pointed out.

Emma woke up just as the movie was ending. Her neck and back were killing her. Suddenly she gasped and her hand went to the side of her stomach.

Mary Margaret looked at Emma in alarm. "Emma? What is it? Are you okay. Are..."

"Mom, I'm fine." Emma said. "I...I just felt the baby move is all."

Mary Margaret squealed. "The baby kicked? Oh, this is so exciting!"

Oliver turned and glared at his Grandma. "Grandma, that's not very nice. You don't kick." He was confused as to why his Grandma was so excited.