Chapter 19 - Celebrate

David returned home from the hospital three days later, under strict instructions to rest and take it easy. This was something that he seemed to struggle with just as much as Emma.

"David!" Mary Margaret gasped as she walked into the kitchen to see him grabbing a box of cereal. "What are you doing?"

David smirked. "Well, I was going to have a bowl of cereal."

"Sit!" Mary Margaret ordered. "You're just as bad as Emma. I know where she gets it from now."

David sighed. "I'm fine."

"You are not fine. You were shot!"

"I've had worse. I was in a coma for 28 years."

Mary Margaret rolled her eyes and poured her husband a bowl of cereal. "You still need to rest."

"I don't need to be resting. I need to be out there looking for Neal."

"You're hurt, David."

"You heard him. He said he'll be back. What if its Emma he hurts next time? Or you? Or one of the kids?"

"We aren't going to let that happen." Mary Margaret said as she took her husbands hands. "Regina and Robin are out looking right now."

Just then Emma walked into the kitchen and David frowned.

"What are you doing up? You're supposed to be taking it easy."

Emma snorted. "Like you're doing?"

David opened his mouth to argue, but he found that he had no excuse.

"I'm fine." Emma insisted. "Whale didn't say I couldn't walk around. He told me to take it easy, he didn't put me on bed rest."

"And I'd like to keep it that way." David said sternly.

Emma sat down in the chair across from her father. She opened and closed her mouth several times, before finally speaking.

"I've been thinking..."

"You AREN'T leaving." David interrupted. "So if that's what you were going to suggest, save your breath."

"It's me and the boys he's after. If I leave, you'll be safe. I can go where he can't find us."

"No!"

"I'm not talking about forever. I'm just thinking until after the baby is born. I'm hoping I can regain control of my magic after that and I can fight."

"You know as well as I do that leaving doesn't guarantee your safety. He could follow you. You're staying here."

Emma swallowed the lump in her throat. "I just don't want to lose you guys."

Mary Margaret sat down next to Emma and pulled her into a hug. "You won't. We've gone through so much already, and we always get through it. Think about the villains we've faced."

"This is different." Emma whispered. "In the past I've always been out there fighting. I had my magic."

"Even if you had your magic right now, there is no way in hell you would be out there fighting." David said firmly.

"That's the thing. I can't handle just sitting back. I've been weak long enough."

"You are NOT weak Emma."

"I let it get this far. I left with him. I stayed with him."

"And then you left." Mary Margaret said. "That took courage, Emma. You are not weak."

There was a knock at the door and Emma jumped. Mary Margaret stood to go get the door but David grabbed her arm. "I'll get it."

"Don't be ridiculous, David. You aren't supposed to be moving around a lot."

"We don't know who it is. I'm not letting you get the door."

Emma's phone beeped and she looked down. "I just got a text from Regina. She's the one at the door."

David relaxed and Mary Margaret went to open the door. She returned a minute later with Henry and Regina.

"Good news." Regina smiled. "Neal is gone."

"What? What do you mean he's gone?" Emma inquired.

"He was seen leaving the town line. After he left, I put up a cloaking spell. He won't be able to get back in."

Emma let out a sigh of relief before standing up and pulling Regina into a hug. "Thank you!"

After Emma pulled out of the hug, Mary Margaret went to hug Regina.

"We should celebrate at Granny's." Henry suggested.

"Can't kid. Your Grandpa is supposed to be taking it easy." Emma said.

"We can celebrate right here." Mary Margaret declared. "I'll make dinner."

That night, they had a small celebration at the house. Robin, Regina, Regina, Roland and Rosemary came. Regina made her famous apple turnover, causing Emma to laugh.

"I haven't looked at an apple turnover since you tried to kill me with one."

Regina snorted. "To be fair, I wasn't trying to kill you. I was only trying to put you to sleep."

"We certainly have come a long way." Mary Margaret smiled. "Just to think, we used to be enemies. Looking at is now, you'd never guess."

It was true. If someone looked into the kitchen right now, they would never know. They had gone from enemies to a family.

Broken OUATजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें