But her sickly pale green eyes held nothing but determination and murder.

Macaque just had a hard time where it was directed to.

Daiyu stepped forward but froze by Macaque slamming the end of his staff into the floor.

Macaque wasn't gonna be playing these games with Jinhua in her vulnerable state of mind, "Take another step and Ill show you how I survived the Heavens all those years ago." He growled out with a dangerous glint of his own murder in his golden eyes.

Daiyu felt her figure almost want to run away on instinct. Because right now in front of her, was a dangerous beast guarding his precious mate.

And that was when a demon was at its most dangerous.

Taking in a brave breathe of air, Daiyu took her time to collect her thoughts and think of a answer to appease and calm down the simian, "I just—."

"Save it." He cut her off, his shadow Chi leaking out from his own shadow and spreading around the room like purple ink. His own shadow clones were leering down from the ceiling, waiting for an order.

But that all was stopped when Macaque felt Jinhua give his tail a small squeeze.

He turned to see Jinhua trying to get up but failed to do so because of her weak limbs. He hurried back over and helped her up by grabbed her hand and placing a comforting hand on her other shoulder, "Jinhua.. You should be resting.." He spoke lowly.

"No." Jinhua held up a hand while her other held her head to calm the raging migraine that was slowly forming, "We cannot delay this any longer... I wish to speak with Daiyu."

"But—!"

Jinhua gave him a sharp look, "Alone." She hissed quietly.

Macaque stiffened in his spot, his ears lowering at her tone as he hesitantly walked out of the room, but not before giving the former Spider Queen a side eye with a low grumble of insults.

Now alone, the two demoness' stared at each other in silence before Jinhua gave a nod and patted the spot beside her on the bed, "I'm sure you have many questions."

Daiyu stumbled forward with haste and sat on the bed making a dip, "Jinhua... It seems every time I try to do something for you.. You will always have a debt hanging over my head.."

Jinhua released a unsettling strained laugh, "There is no such things as favors or debts with me, my old friend... I am just doing what is right..."

Daiyu narrowed her eyes, "Is that the mortal or celestial in you talking?"

Jinhua quipped a small smile of amusement, "My mortal and humane side. After all... My father was the same way." She responded fondly at the thought of the man.

Daiyu nodded solemnly, "You know I was a Queen of a falling race of demons...My servants are all gone and now I don't have anything to rule over... The great and powerful Silk Ridge is no more than just a few busted egg sacks..." Her pale green eyes glossed over as she looked down at her claws digging into her leg to try and compose herself.

But the reality of it hit her harder than she could ever imagine.

Tears were now falling down her face, "Is this how you felt...?"

Jinhua felt her breathe hitch at the question before realizing that it was regarding her own clan's ruin.

Closing her eyes, the Nekomata nodded slowly, "It's a heart wrenching sensation... But the fact that you had to watch your kingdom fall slowly over the years must have been difficult... I'm sure you were a great ruler. But time has changed you for the worst..."