Christmas

2 years later

Maisie POV

Standing in front of the most beautiful Christmas tree in the world, I can't help but smile and look back on how much my life has changed. I stood here 3 years ago, marvelling in this tree and the start of something new for me. Who would have guessed it would be the same day I met my future husband. Meeting Sebastian was a world wind of so many different emotions. But now standing here, holding our little girl I've never been more grateful. 

A year after I made the decision to stay in New York, I found out I was pregnant. I was so stressed because of opening my new business, so I thought my missed period was just because of that but then I started to get sick and so I took a test. On the same day I told Sebastian he was going to be a dad, he proposed. We married 6 months later. I was 7 months pregnant and I never felt more beautiful.

2 months later we welcomed our baby girl, she was a small baby, being born at 6lb 2oz. She had her dad's beautiful blue eyes and my head of dark hair. We called her Mia Georgeta Stan and she's the best thing that has ever happened to us. We moved into a bigger house and Sebastian had taken a step back from acting to make sure he didn't miss out on any of Mias firsts.

"Beautiful isn't she?"
I can't help but smirk, as I look to my side I see my handsome husband staring back at me.
"Very. Best tree in the world"
"Well I was talking about you and this little cutie but yeah the tree is pretty awesome"
I couldn't help but laugh "your a smooth talker Stan"
"Why thank you Mrs Stan"
Still hearing that name always made me smile. Our 5 month old daughter, reaches out for her daddy and he smiles brightly. She is definitely a daddy's girl.

"Hey princess, did you miss me?"
"You were gone for 10 minutes"
"So....your just mad cuz I'm her favourite"
"Whatever"
He giggles placing Mia back into her buggy, grabbing my hand in his and we continue our walk through New York City.
"When do we leave?"
"Day after new year. I have everything set up, Rachel has Lucy and Erica coming out with us. It's going to be so amazing"

Seb smiles back "you excited?"
"So very excited"
We were heading out to Africa, the relief group my old boss worked with were looking for more photographers, so he put my company forward and they were happy to accept. So me and seb along with Mia are flying out after New Year's Day. We haven't done much travelling because of the pregnancy and the wedding but now we can and I can't wait to show Mia the world.

"You still sure you want to come along? Not missing acting yet?"
"I love acting but I want to here with you or where ever you want to be. I don't want to leave you or Mia so I'm going where ever your going"
"Hmmmm I love you"
"I love you too"
"Mum called me earlier"
"Is she okay?"
"Yeah she is excited for us to be going over for Christmas"
"Me too"

"She said something about her teaching you some Romanian recipes"
"Yeah. I want to learn so I can teach Mia one day"
"Your amazing you know that. And I know mum is so happy you asked her"
"Good I'm glad"
"So what do you want to do?"
"Go home, eat chocolate and watch a movie?"
"Sounds good. What about you mia?"
"Dadadada"
"I'll take that as a yes"

We continue our walk until we reach our car. Strapping Mia in we climb in the car and drive home. I never thought in a million years I would be here, with a husband and a child and company of my own. I've never been so happy in my whole life, I never had a family so now I have my own I can't believe how lucky I am. I feel like Christmas in New York was always going to be special but now I truly believe it was a miracle and the rockafella tree will always be my lucky charm. It bought me my dream life and I couldn't be more grateful.