Wʜᴇʀᴇ Tᴏ Eᴠᴇɴ Bᴇɢɪɴ Wʜᴇɴ ⵊ Kɴᴏᴡ Wʜᴀᴛ Lɪᴇs Bᴇʜɪɴᴅ Mᴀᴋᴇs Nᴏ Sᴇɴsᴇ ⵊɴ Mʏ Mɪɴᴅ

TW// cussing, knife/stabbing, blood, drowning, hospitals, doctors, crying

Wilbur's POV

As we walked fast, we passed the docks, and I instinctively looked that way, spotting the dark storm clouds. I then saw a small bout a few hundred feet out.

"What the hell is someone doing out there when a storm is so close?" Techno asked. I shrugged, and then I got a nervous feeling. I looked back and I swear that boat was the one Tommy visits me on.

As I am not completely human, I have very good eyesight. Above average for a human. If I squint, I can see very far, so I squinted and gasped at what I saw.

"Holy shit- that's Tommy!" I said. "What? No, it can't be." Phil replied. "It's is, trust me, that's him." I said, turning and going to the docks. I ran to the very edge. Tommy wasn't alone. He looked scared. He looked like he was in pain.

"He's not alone." I said as Phil and Techno appeared next to me. "How can you see that far?" Phil asked. "Long story." I replied.

I saw something shimmer (that I could only assume was a blade) right before getting plunged into Tommy's side. I froze.

"What the fuck, that's that kid that beat the shit out of him." I said quietly. "Is he alright?" Techno asked. I shook my head.

I then saw Tommy get pushed into the water, and he didn't resurface.

"Fuck, the fuckin' kid pushed him in." I said. "He can swim, right?" Techno asked. "Nit when he's just been stabbed!"

I went to jump into the water but Phil grabbed my arm.

"What the hell are you doing? You can't swim that far!" He said. "Yeah, I can, actually."

I pulled my arm away from him and jumped in, shifting back into my original form, and quickly speeding that way.

Tommy's POV
a bit before

I got punched, and my nose started bleeding profusely. The last thing I remembered before getting knocked out. When I woke, I could hear waves. I quickly sat up to see that I was on that small boat, and Daniel was rowing it. We were far from shore.

"What the hell, man?" I stood up. He stopped rowing and stood up too. "What's wrong with you? What, did you think I'm dead and you're gonna dump my body or something?" I asked. "No, I knew you're alive." He replied.

He pulled a knife from his pocket.

"Old news, man. Try a new method to scare me. This is your, what third or fourth time pulling a blade on me? It gets old." I said. "Oh, does it?"

A second later, the knife was jabbed into my stomach. He let go of it, keeping the blade in me. I would pull it out but then I'll bleed to death, surely.

"Bye, bye." He said, pushing me into the water. I couldn't swim as I had already lost a lot of blood. It was so cold, but it was so warm. My stab wound hurt so bad as the salt water poured into it.

I saw black dots. From the blood loss or lack of oxygen, I still do not know. My vision became darker and darker.

A moment later, I felt something grab me. Death, is that you? It pulled me fast through the water. I could hear it faintly speaking. I felt my consciousness slipping, and it fell.

Wilbur's POV

I swam faster than I've ever swam before. I pushed the boat, causing the other boy to fall in as well. He'll be fine, though, I don't want him to be. Tommy was sinking, stiff as a brick. I grabbed him and bolted back to the shore.

"You'll be ok, it's gonna be fine, I've got you." I said. I think he heard me?

We slid onto the sand next to the docks. I laid him on his back and saw that he was now unconscious. I sat up and tried to help, but, I'm no medical professional.

"Phil! Techno!" I yelled, not caring if they saw my tail. I didn't have time to change. The ran down the steps of the dock. I saw the shock in both of their faces when they saw me. "Are you just gonna fucking stand there?!" I asked.

Techno ran over and went to pick up Tommy, but stopped when Tommy began to cough up water. I quickly changed back into my legs.

I could see the pain in Tommy's eyes. It pained me to see his pain. He tried to speak but all that came out was a muffled sob.

"You'll be ok, Tommy." I said. "It'll be fine. Just focus on my voice. Or focus on the pretty stars, yeah?" I said. He bit his lip in pain, tears rolling down his face. Phil was stood froze. I would be too if I was looking at my son bleeding out on the ground under me.

"We need to get him to the hospital before the storm hits." Techno said, scooping Tommy up.

Time went by so slowly as we ran there as fast as we could. When we arrived, some doctors immediately took Tommy away when they saw the situation.

Two hours passed. The storm outside was heavy and it was pouring loudly. We all sat silent in the waiting room.

"So...you're...a merman?" Techno asked. "No, that's a stupid name. Siren would be preferred." I replied. "You two didn't actually meet how you said you did, did you?" Phil asked. "No. That was a lie." I said.

"We actually met because I was messing with him when you all were out on your ship. I'm the 'thing in the water' he kept talking about. I was the one throwing rocks and breaking fishing lines." I said.

"Did you save him?" Techno asked. "I dunno. Isn't that why we're sitting here? To see if I got to him in-" "A few weeks ago, I mean. During the storm. Are you what got him back to the boat safely?"

I looked over at Techno to see him and Phil both staring into my eyes.

"Yeah...Yeah, I am." I said, looking away once more. "Thank you. Really, he'd be dead if you weren't there." Phil said. I slightly smiled, nodding. "My pleasure."

Then a doctor walked up to us. We all three stood.

"Good news, he's ok. He's awake and he's asking to see you three." He said. We all sighed in relief. "Thanks gods." Phil said quietly. "Would you care to tell what happened?"

We gave him a short summary on everything we saw, and then he let us back to see Tommy.

Words: 1,125