Wᴀʀ ⵊɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Mɪɴᴅ Bᴇʜɪɴᴅ Mʏ Eʏᴇs, ⵊ'ᴛs Cᴏᴍɪɴɢ Dᴏᴡɴ

TW// cussing, death mention, being caught, theft mention, being trapped?

Wilbur's POV

The storm was a few days ago. I had followed the ship back to land to make sure everything was gonna be ok, and luckily, everything was.

The ship hadn't been back, though. It hadn't left the dock once. I hoped Tommy was ok, considering they were out here almost every day. Maybe he's sick from the cold.

It was boring be all alone out here. Sure, I could go back to where the other merpeople live, but I don't like them that much, and they don't like me. A hate-hate relationship. I hate them because they hate me, and they hate me because I'm a thief and I play pranks and shit.

So, I guess they have a good reason to hate me.

I saw a big black shadow above me in the water. I got excited and went to go greet Tommy with a pebble to the arm, but, it wasn't their ship. It was different. A bit larger and it had a huge fishing net on a crane.

When I saw the almost thirty men aboard, I quickly went back under the water to avoid being spotted. The ship was big, but not big enough for thirty men, plus whatever amount of fish they catch in that giant net. Well, there is no fish over here, really. Just small ones that can easily go through the holes in the net.

I swam around the ship, inspecting its rust and barnacles littering the bottom.

I heard a big splash in the water, but didn't think anything of it when I didn't see anything sinking. I continued to mind my own, until I felt something pushing me down to the sand. It pinned me on my back. It was that bloody net. The damn thing had weights on it.

I found myself being scooped into the net and slowly dragged back up to the surface. The first thought that ran through my head was that they would kill me, but then I figured they may sell me to some lab or something.

I fought against the pull of the crane, swimming hard to pull the next back down. I could hear their crane breaking and their shouts as the boat turned to the side. Then, with a loud pop, the line broke and the tension of the net against me snapped.
(Think of that scene in Finding Nemo 💀)

I wiggled out of the tangled net and quickly swam away to a nearby underwater cave to collect myself. I could have just died.

After a while, I peeked out to see that the ship was half way back to the shore already. I let the cave, and swam fast that way to hear what they were saying.

"What the hell was that, man?" One asked. "I don't fuckin' know!" Another replied. "Was it a shark?" Someone else asked. "A shark? This close to shore? You're outta your damn mind. That was no shark!" "Then what the hell was it?!" "I don't fucking know, asshole!"

I laughed at how scared they sounded.

Once they were gone, though, it was quiet again. I was alone again. I was bored again. All I and to do was sit there and wait on Tommy.

Words: 555