thirty nine

thirty nine

The days came and went faster than anyone expected. It was the night before Michael and Luke's big day, and no one was really ready. 

The house was empty without the couple, but they were both out to dinner with their families. Cal couldn't imagine how the quiet, intellectual Cliffords' were reacting to the loud, outgoing Hemmings. He was really glad he wasn't there. 

"Are you going to bring the Telephoto Zoom lenses?" Ashton asked as he held up the large lenses. Calum recruited his boyfriend as his assistant for the wedding since his normal one got ill. 

Cal was leaning over one over-packed bag, trying to figure out which bodies he should bring. He looked around his shoulder at the brunette holding the lenses. "I'm not sure. What does the venue look like?"

"It's a pretty beach, it doesn't have sand dunes. You'll probably have better luck with the Ultra-Wide Zoom lenses." Ashton handed him the preferred, lighter lenses. 

Calum smiled as he took the lenses, securing them in the right spot. "You're getting good at this." He zipped up the bags before he could change his mind once more. 

Ashton grabbed the two umbrella lights as he helped Cal carry everything towards the door. "I never realized how fun photography is." He placed the large objects in the living room space, while Cal's bags filled the kitchen counter. Calum picked up prints from the printer that he forgot about, flicking through them and deciding which he wanted to put in his printed portfolio. 

"Yeah, fell in love with it. Just like how I fell in love with you." He looked up at Ash with a smile upon his face. 

Ashton blushed as he sat down on the couch. His ankles hurt, body ached, he didn't know how he was going to get through tomorrow. "What're you wearing tomorrow?"

"Since I'm technically working, probably black jeans and a black shirt." Calum placed the photos on top of his keyboard before closing his laptop lid. He walked over to his Ashton, laying his body on top of the muscular boy. He laid his head on his lower chest as his feet stuck over the edge of the couch. 

Ash attached his hands to Calum's curly hair—he was in desperate need of a haircut. He massaged his scalp as he looked up at the ceiling. Would right now be the right time? Ashton hasn't told the younger boy that he has been carrying his child for ten weeks. He decided to hold it off. "It might be windy tomorrow, so you might wanna put a cover over your lenses. Sand in lenses will murder them."

Cal looked up at him, pressing his chin into his skin. "Do you just wanna become my assistant?"

He shook his head from left to right. "I couldn't leave Luke alone like that." Or your baby.

Calum tsked, "It'd be so much fun though." He bent his elbows as he got closer to Ashton's neck, he left kisses on his jawline until he finally reached his lips. He pressed himself closer to Ashton as his hands explored the older boy's body. 

Ash kissed back, letting him control. He stopped him when his cold hands traveled under his shirt. "Stop."

Calum removed his hands, sitting up. He looked down into the golden eyes below him, not knowing what to say. "I haven't seen you in almost two months, are you okay?"

Ashton nodded. He brought his hands up to Cal's cheeks, rubbing his thumb over the stubble that was in need of shaving before tomorrow. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to do anything."

Cal smiled. He leant back down, squeezing his body between the couch cushions and Ash's body. He wrapped his arms around Ashton's stomach and nuzzled his head into his boyfriend's neck. "I'm okay with that. As long as I'm here with you."