thirty four

thirty four

Ashton screamed when Calum sent out a text saying their plane landed. Luke swore the older brunette was going to start crying at any minute now. From the looks of his glassy eyes, maybe he already was. 

Luke and Ash were told to stay home, their partners didn't want them messed up in the mob at the airport. Luke was proud of Michael, he had actual fans meeting him everywhere. The blonde boy knew this was his dream, he knew this was everything he wanted. 

The heard a few car doors slam and both boys waiting on the couch jumped out of their skin. They ran out of the front door, their shoulders clashing as they tried to get out of the door at the same time. 

Michael stood behind the car, trying to grab a few bags. He dropped everything in his hands when Luke came running through their grassy yard. He jumped into his fiancé's arms, his lanky legs wrapping around Michael's waist. He gripped onto him tighter than he ever has before. 

Mike laughed as he squeezed Luke in a tight embrace. He swirled him in a complete circle before finally placing his feet on the ground. "Good to see you, too." He leaned in, pecking the older boys lips in a chaste kiss. 

Luke giggled before taking a step back. He grabbed a heavy bag from the trunk, throwing it over his shoulder. He gave up a few steps in, dropping it to the ground and dragging it into the house with his head down in shame. 

Ashton was still holding onto his boyfriend for dear life. Calum was soothingly swaying him back and forth as they embraced too tightly. "It was so awful without you," Ash continued to repeat. 

"I know, I know," Calum responded with every single time, "I'm sorry."

Michael threw his other two bags over his shoulders, dumping them in the living room before going back out. He caught sight of the embracing couple to his right and figured it'd be a while before they let go and their driver wanted to go home. 

He grabbed the heavy camera bags from the trunk, giving their driver a nod and thank you before going back inside. Luke was in the kitchen, preparing an early dinner once more. They always seemed to eat at weird times. They've have breakfast at nine, then lunch at eleven, dinner at three, then another meal around eight. 

Michael stepped behind Luke, wrapping his hands on the side of his bony hips. "Whatcha cookin', Baby Mama?"

Luke laughed. "Never, ever, call me that again."

"Fine, Puke. What are you making?"

Luke stirred the pasta in their pot again. "I know how to make two meals, you have one guess." The vegetarian meat balls were cooking in the stove, the timer counting down from forty-five minutes. 

"I don't see any dinosaur chicken, so I'm going to guess pasta." Michael rested his chin on top of Luke's shoulder, his hands wandering more over his body. He swayed his hips with the music that was playing from somewhere. There are seemed to be some type of music playing in the house, music made everyone happy. 

"Correct! I'm also making these weird things from the health food store for Ash. He's going through this craze where he won't eat gluten or anything like that. It's ridiculous," Luke complained. He checked on the pasta sauce cooking on the other stovetop, he had a tendency to burn everything. 

Michael closed his eyes, pressing his lips against Luke's neck. "The album releases in two weeks. Then I'm gonna tour a bit, but I have a bit break October and November, so we should go home for Thanksgiving."

Luke nodded. He pushed Michael back a bit as he bent down to grab the almost burnt meatballs (that weren't actually meat, Luke often questioned if they were even real food). They regained their previous position as Luke continued their dinner, neither of them questioning why Cashton hasn't come inside yet. 

"In December, I have a few American tour dates, but I think we should get married around then." Michael had his eyes closed in a pleasant relaxation. He was in some type of high, maybe he was just glad to be home. 

Luke nodded, "Sounds good. Wanna just do it here in Cali.?"

"California is our home. Let's invite Dr. Ren just because she hated us," Michael said. He had a smile on his face, he enjoyed being within centimeters of Luke after a long six weeks without his touch. 

Luke let out a quick, bellowed laugh. "Did you hear that her most prized procession—her daughter—didn't even get a job after college?"  

Calum and Ashton came into the house, dozens of new love bites upon their neck. Cal sat on their living room couch after making sure all of his gear made it back to LA. He patted his lap, letting Ash take his spot. Calum wrapped his toned arms around Ashton's muscular waist. The brunette leaned into his touch, small conversation leaving their lips. 

Michael laughed again. He was always so happy with Luke. "Fuck her, look at us now." Mike unwrapped his hands from his fiancé's hips as he got out the silverware and plates. He helped set the table, humming along the songs still playing from their house. He's lived here for a fair amount of time and still has no idea where the wireless speakers are.  

"Can we get married on the beach? That's what my parents did, and they have such nice photos."

"Can I be your photographer?" Cal yelled from twenty feet away.

"No, we fucking hate you," Michael responded on cue. He placed the four plates at their small kitchen table. 

"But I'm so cute and I know your good angles," Cal begged.

"Dude, we're kidding. You're the only photographer we know," Luke said. He slapped Cal's thigh with the dish towel for being rude to their roommate.

Calum smiled, snuggling closer to Ashton. It elicited a giggle from his lips which simply lightened every one's mood. 

Michael was glad to be home, he was glad to have Luke in his arms. Calum was glad to be home, he was glad to have Ashton in his arms. 

(a/n) do you guys want a sequel when this is over or does this story suck