thirty

thirty

Michael was facing the wall, his knees bent as he slept soundly. Luke laid behind him, his eyes barely open as he pushed the sheets off of his body. 

He reached a hand out, running his pointer finger up and down Mike's small back. He had a nice back, it was a fairly feminine back—small shoulders leading to a small waist—but Luke thought it was beautiful. 

He moved closer, wrapping his arm around his partner and pressed his nose into his neck softly. 

The sun was slowly streaming in through the curtains, their first Saturday morning in a long time. Maybe only a month, but it seemed so much longer to Luke. 

Michael woke up due to Luke's breath ghosting over his neck. He groaned, "You breathe so loud."

Luke sucked in his breath, "I just won't breathe at all."

Michael turned around, letting out a laugh as he watched his fiancé's face turning red. He pressed against his stomach until Luke bursted out the holding oxygen. "You're seriously a five year old," Mike said, a laugh escaping his morning voice. 

Luke shrugged his shoulders, leaning in to kiss Mike on his dry, pink lips. "You love it though."

Michael scooted down the bed, laying his head on Luke's chest. He wrapped his left arm around his bare chest, rubbing his nose into the skin. It was so nice to have him back. "I guess so."

The blonde laughed. He picked up Mike's hand, staring at the ring on his finger. He twirled the band around Michael's knuckle, rubbing his fingers over the cold material. "I got accepted at the preschool, by the way."

"Good for you, you nine foot breadstick."

Luke scuffed, "Rude." He let Michael's hand fall to his chest as the younger man made himself comfortable against his partner once more. "I don't want that job forever, but for now, I can help with the rent and save for the wedding."

"I like the sound of that," he hummed, closing his eyes once more. 

Luke rubbed his left hand up and down Michael's back, "Do you want a small wedding or big wedding?"

"Small."

"Should we do it here in Cali., or my hometown, or yours? Or maybe a destination one? That could be really cool. I have a friend who owns a place in south of France, and I've always wanted to go there—."

"Here is fine." Michael had his eyes closed as he listened to Luke talk. The vibration was filling his ears as he continued to lay on the older boy. 

"We could go to one of the beaches. I love beaches. Or that music festival where we had our first date." Luke had a smile on his mouth as he thought of all the possibilities. 

"I like the beach."

Luke tsked, "But you always get sunburned. I don't want you red like a lobster on our big day, you know what I'm saying?"

Michael muffled out some type of reply.

"Even though you look really cute with red in your cheeks, I don't want you miserable. Is your entire family like that? Like, do your parents get burned to a crisp by fluorescent bulbs, too?"  His hair was flat on his head from sleep, yesterday's hairspray was still slightly noticeable as his hair stuck up at weird volume. He looked down at Michael, his breaths had become slower as his head became heavier. "You're asleep again, aren't you?"

Michael 's cheekbones were soft against Luke's warm skin. 

"It's like ten in the morning, wake up." The almost twenty-four year old nudged his shoulder, watching the pale boy open one eye, before closing it once more. 

Michael turned over, curled back into fetus position, then let out a deep sigh. 

Luke rolled his eyes, "You suck."

"And swallow," he managed to whisper in his half-asleep state of mind. 

(a/n) can't believe we're already on chapter thirty. ten chapters left.

you guys honestly make me so happy. i don't want to get too emotional right now, but i love you guys so, so much. it just sometimes hit me that there are over 2k of you guys following me and even more of you beautiful humans reading my shitty stories that i write instead of doing schoolwork.

i get sad, i get sad a lot. but i think of all you people behind those tiny screens who take out a few minutes to actually read my updates and comment and like and just add a smile to my face. you guys make my happy. i'm living for you guys, i'm moving on for you guys, i'm doing this for a hopeful future, but you guys are making every day easier.

thank you so much for existing and being my sunshine.